Totally dumbfounded: can anyone explain

mcaffa said:
This year I haven't really seen many mosquitoes - until LAST NIGHT! They wouldn't let me sleep. I spent the night swatting and scratching away.

YES!!! I think we should blame Joeblow for this! MOSQUITOS WOKE ME UP LAST NIGHT!!! Not the usual silent ones but the annoying buzzing! Got up to put OFF on my body and plugged in the pastillas but no use: finally had to put the fan on to get the annoying noise down!

Is this the beginning of the (late) mosquito seazon??? :eek:

baraka said:
No there is definitely something different this year. I was eaten alive the last 3 summers and this summer not a single bite ! Yeah I wonder if they sprayed in C.F. ??

They didn't spray CF, we often get out of town where we are eaten alive, when you walk outside you constantly feel the mosquitos bump into you... none this year. Where as last year everyone constantly had the OFF perfume on him (day and night), it hasn't been like that this year.

I always have a big amount of OFF bottles in stock, knowing that at times they are impossible to buy anywhere, but we didn't even use one bottle this year. Although the season isn't over yet...

Can we agree that the Mozzies have arrived?

I'm killing several daily now.

Cold front tonight. We'll see how that effects things.

(Or is it "We'll see how that AFFECTS things."? I'm horrible at effect/affect.)

They have arrived as drones the size of small hawks as of a couple of days ago for us. April, in my recollection, is a particularly bad mosquito month. Hopefully the cold will Affect them (you're welcome Napoleon ;) ) and kill the lil' bloodsuckers off. All I have to say is I LOVE (!!) my electrified racket and a fresh pair of batteries! take that!

Last night I went for a run along the Ecological Reserve. They were biting me AS I was running -- a first. :eek:

My 2 yr old is still working on his speech but he very clearly says "I got a mossshquito papa, I got a mossshquito". The are out in force in Caballito and the family are on high alert to kill the little buggers - sympathy to all fellow sufferers.

I always have problems with the mosquitos. Plug-ins and off do not even work well for me. Not sure if you all have a doctor that also makes his own medicine (Pretty common I guess according to my hubby´s family.??) Anyways, one they know made some pills for me. He explained the herbs and ingredients would allow my own body to ¨ward¨off those pests. It works like a charm but smells (it has garlic as one of the ingredients). However, it is totally worth it.

MizzMarr said:
They have arrived as drones the size of small hawks as of a couple of days ago for us. April, in my recollection, is a particularly bad mosquito month. Hopefully the cold will Affect them (you're welcome Napoleon ;) ) and kill the lil' bloodsuckers off. All I have to say is I LOVE (!!) my electrified racket and a fresh pair of batteries! take that!

Vos sos re yanqui!

PS- gracias amor

World Health Organization had campaigns in the past to prevent children to be bitten by mosquitoes. The trick was to provide the kids with therapeutical doses of vitamin B (B2 and B6). The mechanism of action is that the vitamins mentioned above smell really bad, humans eliminate part of this vitamins through the skin, and the mosquitoes dont like the smell, therefore the mosquitoes are less likely to bite a person who is taking vitamins B2 and B6.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MorganF Expat Life 69
NYKate Expat Life 27
Back