Totally dumbfounded: can anyone explain

BAwithkids said:
Just curious... Are mosquitos less common on higher floors of buildings? Or does that make no/little difference?

We rented an apartment on the 8th floor for a while, and you could see the mosquitos buzzing outside the window trying to get in... even in the middle of winter. :eek: So they can definitely fly up.

Mosquitos asesinos!

They don't bother me and I don't notice them. It's very strange because usually I am a prime target. I think they must avoid international, sophisticated travellers. Our blood is probably too rich for them

citymike said:
They don't bother me and I don't notice them. It's very strange because usually I am a prime target. I think they must avoid international, sophisticated travellers. Our blood is probably too rich for them
Hey, my "rich" blood must be attracting them. They were a menace in San Telmo and followed me to Recoleta !

No rhyme or reason that I can see involving height. I'm on the 8th floor now and there are plenty of them. Three years ago I lived briefly, in the spring, on a high level floor only a few blocks from where I am now, and nearly zero of the critters.

I think it has to do with breeding areas near, or not, where one happens to be.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MorganF Expat Life 69
NYKate Expat Life 27
Back