Totally dumbfounded: can anyone explain

I have been taking regular doses of B vitamin supplements for many years and I can assure you this has not kept the mozzies away from me.
A few weeks ago I had my jar of B-complex capsules open and one of the little bastards flew right into it!

Roxana said:
World Health Organization had campaigns in the past to prevent children to be bitten by mosquitoes. The trick was to provide the kids with therapeutical doses of vitamin B (B2 and B6). The mechanism of action is that the vitamins mentioned above smell really bad, humans eliminate part of this vitamins through the skin, and the mosquitoes dont like the smell, therefore the mosquitoes are less likely to bite a person who is taking vitamins B2 and B6.

I think that I've dated some girls in the past who must have been loading up on B2 & B6 vitamins.

:(

JoeBlow said:
Any conspiracy theorists have a theory?

Conspiracy theorists can say whatever they want. Creating a fantastic scenario in your mind is one thing; being able to look at reality, read between the lines, connect the dots and complete the puzzle, is another. And I happen to know the TRUTH:

French jurist said:
Blood prices inflation was really too high, they moved to Brazil

Where did you get your "facts"? It's pretty obvious you're just another fool who takes credit for seeing the writing on the wrong wall. You think you're right? THINK AGAIN, my friend. Mosquitoes never left the country. In fact, they didn't leave the city AT ALL.

Since you are incapable of getting the picture right, I'll draw it for you this time, because I'm no babysitter BTW.

The REAL fact: HUNGER STRIKE

Inflation you say? Inflation is what they are after!!! They want to inflate themselves with blood.

But mosquitoes don't just live by consuming blood. They function in warm, humid air. But the weather's changing. It's called GLOBAL WARMING. Some "humans" are still surprised by this new "phenomena", but mosquitoes aren't. Instead of wasting their time on pointless debates, they are taking action because, just like us, they are affected by it in a negative way.

The happy ignorant would start laughing and say "if mosquitoes live in warm weathers, then global warming should be great for them!!!" But they are looking at the wrong wall.

Mosquitoes are no plague. BRAINLESS HUMANS are.

Urban mosquitoes feed themselves with human blood, and all these longer, warmer summers are making humans stay in air-conditioned, indoor environments. Air conditioning cools and dries the air. A big mosquito no-no.

So they're sending us a message:

MOSQUITO MANIFESTO:

"We'd rather starve to death than give in to the reckless, artificially-generated weather conditions humans created. We know what we are: insects. Humans consider themselves superior to every living creature on this planet, but they yet don't know what they are: humans. They think they're God, and they play God. But they're playing a loosing game. Even children know the difference between what they are and what they pretend to be when the play. How different the world would be if ruled by children. And so their "grown-up" counterparts drew a hopscotch course straight to the abyss, and hop their way into oblivion unaware of their ungodly, earthly human condition, dragging us all with them. But we, as conscious beings, can still avoid the void. We'd rather choose to die knowing we are choosing so than confuse better life quality with death. We die AWARE."

The writing's on the wall, written in red, human ink. But we fail to recognize our own blood. No wonder so many overlook it.

Mosquitoes are right: we don't know what we are. Let alone what we do.

Now it's time for MY MANIFESTO:

1. I hope you find this dumbfounding and amusing.

2. I hope you find it at least amusing.

3. I hope you find it a funny waste of your time.

4. I hope you wasted you're time concluding I wasted mine.

5. I hope you don't kill me. I'm a human, not a mosquito.

6. I hope you don't kill me because you think I'm just as annoying as a mosquito.

7. I hope you find me as annoying as a mosquito but still worthy of a proper human burial.

8. I hope you read this far.

Now how can I top that? By stating that I have been bitten about 10 times if I even walk within 10 ft. of my tomato garden, in Villa De Mayo? Or, that I was even bitten on the 5th floor, Yesterday! No. Great Post Hache.

They're back and with a vengeance. I was dive bombed and chewed relentlessly in bed last night. By skeeters.

Anyone complaining about the lack of mosquitos is welcome to take ours! :) We have plenty. I'd say the mosquitos here are as bad or worse than the ones we have in Florida.

I'm considering getting a mosquito net for our bed - I can't stand hearing them BZZZZZ right next my ear as I'm falling asleep.

On two occassions I've been bit on the eyelid as I was sleeping and it swelled up as if I had pink eye! Not pretty!!

Just curious... Are mosquitos less common on higher floors of buildings? Or does that make no/little difference?

marksoc said:
There is so much money around that they can buy bags of blood (from the hospitals, did you saw "Carancho"?).
Carancho is a must see. Good movie.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MorganF Expat Life 69
NYKate Expat Life 27
Back