Totally Paranoid Question: Creative Security Solutions?

@BASailor's comment: Shame on you! You helped a criminal get another gun besides the one he already had procured himself outside the law.
Your actions are clearly objectable, irresponsible and antisocial.

The BG is just doing his job, nothing else.
Let's not argue that the void left by the authorities and the leniency showed to the crimlnal element by the judicial system appears to encourage that line of work.

People trying to protect themselves, how silly and ill mannered.

Can we go back now to try to help the OP instead of object to his anti social behaviour?
"Lupus est homo homini, non homo, quom qualis sit non novit."

Iznogud said:
@BASailor's comment: Shame on you! You helped a criminal get another gun besides the one he already had procured himself outside the law.
Your actions are clearly objectable, irresponsible and antisocial.

The BG is just doing his job, nothing else.
Let's not argue that the void left by the authorities and the leniency showed to the crimlnal element by the judicial system appears to encourage that line of work.

People trying to protect themselves, how silly and ill mannered.

Can we go back now to try to help te OP instead of object to his anti social behaviour?
Please, if you are going to quote me, do it, but don't change my words because it can be tricky.
No guns is a better way to live in peace, and all we want is to live in peace.

Iznogud : BA sailor has been responding to the poster since last night in a constructive manner. The latest comment was directed at the comment re introducing CCW in Argentina which would be a terrible thing in my opinion.
Imagine all the drivers in BA carrying guns as well!

I'd buy the t-shirt if only for the bragging rights at the bar. Great opener. haha. Better than anything Cliff Claven ever had...

BASailor said:
Please, if you are going to quote me, do it, but don't change my words because it can be tricky.
No guns is a better way to live in peace, and all we want is to live in peace.

Not advocating guns in this case. But also not supporting the train of thought that wants to believe that if civilians had no guns then the criminals would have none or abandon the use of them as well. Clearly those who follow the law and those who violently disregard it are moved by a dfferent set of rules.

Considering all drivers as LEGALLY armed is also a biased idea. They might as well be currently illegally armed and you don't know about it. Are you implying they're murderous bastards? Please do not bring extreme proposals like this one, they do not make sense or help.

Kind of early to be thinning the herd, isn't it?

Iznogud, you are twisting words. You started with BA Sailor and now with me. You are asking me about drivers here. They are less polite and more aggressive,yes .Just look up the posts on what is being said when some hapless soul asks about cycling in BA .What I object to is that every thread pertaining to security evolves into a "guided"CCW discussion.

You brought the subject (drivers and now cyclying) up for what purpose then?

If you read what I wrote carefully and take the time to understand it, it will finally come to you as a revelation that I did not advocate the use of a firearm, much less CCW. On the contrary.

Also, I did not start with you. It was the other way around.

Are you OK?

With regard to #2,3,4 I think installing alarm in your home is easy solution. We use prosegur which may include camera option outside and in. Alarm is tied to cell tower with battery so even if they cut electric and phone we are covered. And the company always has motorcycle patrols in our hood. And I am sure in your too. Cin-cin. Suerte.

BTW, we also took some steps inside house so if one were to break in they would be stuck before they get to us. This was custom solution for our home but you may be able to add something similar in your home.

Since the OP asked for "creative" solutions:

-Have some kind of synthetizer doing a playback of 2 rottweillers barking loudly. Connect the synthetizer to the ring bell + a shock detector on your front door so that everytime someones rings/knocks the door, dogs barking can be heard.

-Place on your door + mailbox stickers like "Federacion nacional de Karate" (just in case the chorros can't read, also include some kind of graphic showing a karateka). Or do it the other way around, place stickers like "Associacion parroquial de los hermanitos de los pobres" (graphic = a Cross).

-Place on your door a fake sticker with the translation of "Murder scene, do not trespass" (would be silly to leave your fingerprints in there, right?).

-You have a garden? Have a new hobby! -> beehives... and hide your bills under them. 60.000 angry bees are far more dangerous than 5 guys with 357's, and statistically, there will always be someone silly enough among the 5 guys to kick one of the beehives...

-Buy fake-blood capsules. You get assaulted in your own house? Try to crunch one of them between your teeth and simulate a cardiac arrest (ok, it's not the right symptom but that's quite graphical, the guys have no clue about it, and provoking the death of someone is one step above... Even silly burglars would come to this conclusion).

-Download and print a Prosegur sticker:
prosegur_logo.png

If you need more creative ways, let me know :p

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
NYKate Expat Life 27
J Expat Life 43
V Expat Life 12
Back