Transfer Money From Arg Account To Us Account

Sorry to tell you that your girldfriend is wrong, extremely wrong, that is the problem in this forum people just talk for talk, i understand that you may have problems to get info in spanish, but don't contradict something just because someone have maybe told you that there is as far as she look a 30% charge. Family help throught bank tranfer have a cost that is the tranfer cost equal to 6.66% aprox, so you pay the oficial rate that have your bank plus 6-8% if you tranfer 1500 usd. And yes i do it everymoth so don't confuse people when someone provide the best option in their situation (then people complain that they cannot find good information)

What your girl friend look is the 30% charge of the western union 300 usd tranfer that is a diferent family help for people that don't have a bank account here, anyway you can avoid 30% western union, just go to correo argentino they charge for the same service 7-8%. But in the particular case of the person that ask for a way to tranfer money outside having an Argentine account they have to use family help tranfer that the cheapest way an at Oficial rate.

Is DNI a must to send money to a relative via Correo Argentino,,,,,??
Tks

Is DNI a must to send money to a relative via Correo Argentino,,,,,??
Tks
By correo argentino i haven't try, there was a entire page in clarin the other day with the requirements and the process. I use bank tranfer in family concept from my argentine bank account so i'm not familiarized with the other ways, as far as i know if you have the paper required is very straight forward.

You don't have dni?

How would one go about taking ARP out of the country,say 150.000 cash.I had an asset that I sold,legit and I have dni.

Sorry to tell you that your girldfriend is wrong, extremely wrong, that is the problem in this forum people just talk for talk, i understand that you may have problems to get info in spanish, but don't contradict something just because someone have maybe told you that there is as far as she look a 30% charge. Family help throught bank tranfer have a cost that is the tranfer cost equal to 6.66% aprox, so you pay the oficial rate that have your bank plus 6-8% if you tranfer 1500 usd. And yes i do it everymoth so don't confuse people when someone provide the best option in their situation (then people complain that they cannot find good information)

What your girl friend look is the 30% charge of the western union 300 usd tranfer that is a diferent family help for people that don't have a bank account here, anyway you can avoid 30% western union, just go to correo argentino they charge for the same service 7-8%. But in the particular case of the person that ask for a way to tranfer money outside having an Argentine account they have to use family help tranfer that the cheapest way an at Oficial rate.

'lamarque' is right. I have done this myself and the bank charges a fix US$ amount (Citi charges US$ 85) to send any amount upto US$ 1,500. So, it turns out around 7-8% transfer fee. This is the best option and I would dare to say, the only legal option available.

How would one go about taking ARP out of the country,say 150.000 cash.I had an asset that I sold,legit and I have dni.

Buy US$ 20,000 in the blue market and travel with a companion .... $10K each. Or buy Badlar 2015 bonds in US$ and sell them in the NY stock exchange like Boden 2013 or Bonar II . See chart in insert

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1536626-por-el-cepo-cambiario-los-bonos-en-dolares-fueron-la-mejor-inversion

Rich One,thanks for the reply but it's better,theoretically,to change dollars to pesos then change them to libras,hence taking as much cash as possible which has to be declared on entry in europe.

'lamarque' is right. I have done this myself and the bank charges a fix US$ amount (Citi charges US$ 85) to send any amount upto US$ 1,500. So, it turns out around 7-8% transfer fee. This is the best option and I would dare to say, the only legal option available.

Do all banks do this? Can you do it with cash or do you need to have an account there? What are the requires for your family to be eligible? What paperwork is required? I have Banco Hipotecario

Yes, all bank must do this as it is legally allowed. I think its a must to have a bank account as the processing is to be done by the bank (and preferably a salary account so that the bank is sure of the source of the money).

Also, you have to include many documents - DNI, CUIL, Employment contract, a Certificate to prove relationship with the transferee (e.g. Birth certificate, Passport would also work if your father/mother name is included). You also would need to fill some forms which the bank will provide you.

Regarding family, you can send to your parent (I know someone who sent money to his brother too with additional paperwork, but parents will be the safest bet).

Do all banks do this? Can you do it with cash or do you need to have an account there? What are the requires for your family to be eligible? What paperwork is required? I have Banco Hipotecario

The Information came from the Gerente de Banko Credicoop and also Confirmed by the Accountant at her fathers company. I guess I can get her to go back and ask once more at another bank

George, have a look in to it and perhaps even with a different bank. Lamarque makes a point, I actually did this a few months back transferring in to a NAB account in Australia (my sister) and I am pretty sure from memory (and without calculating it to the absolute decimal) the fees/charges etc worked out to be about 5-7% above the official rate. This was transferring from Santander Rio.

In fact, the worst thing that even after getting all the documentation from my sister, it went back and forth between the Central Santander Rio and the branch because the Central Bank couldnt for the life of them figure out why my sister had a different surname to me, despite being provided with marriage and birth certificates (obviously proving we had same parents etc) and also despite the branch explainng to them several times.

Back