Troubling signs in the property market

Its a good Long Term investment. if you are in your 40's.... Maduro and his group will fade away some day , or after the Marines clear the scene...:rolleyes:

Its a good Long Term investment. if you are in your 40's.... Maduro and his group will fade away some day , or after the Marines clear the scene...:rolleyes:
My concern is not about having to hold it for a decade or two, but I fear it would be expropriated by Maduro

I know a few Argentines who bought apartments in Miami for $30k or $40k in 2008-2009, taking advantage of the US crash- somehow I think that was a wiser investment than Caracas. Certainly less risky and a faster return on investment- those units are worth in the $150k range today.

I know a few Argentines who bought apartments in Miami for $30k or $40k in 2008-2009, taking advantage of the US crash- somehow I think that was a wiser investment than Caracas. Certainly less risky and a faster return on investment- those units are worth in the $150k range today.
Indeed, we bought property in FL for 10k back then and now it is 9x more.

My concern is not about having to hold it for a decade or two, but I fear it would be expropriated by Maduro
Very true about venezuela . People are buying in Greece as its very cheap I knew an expat who sold here and brought in the best area a two bedroom apartment of Athens for much less than a one bedroom in Barrio Norte

Really ? I would buy a 2 bedroom for 10k, heck.

I've considered it, and it sounds like a great adventure. Buy it, wait a few years until the country resets. Obviously you wouldn't want to live there now. But I suspect property rights in Venezuela are even worse than in Argentina. If a family is "squatting" in the apartment, do you think you'll ever be able to evict them? Would you want to?

I've considered it, and it sounds like a great adventure. Buy it, wait a few years until the country resets. Obviously you wouldn't want to live there now. But I suspect property rights in Venezuela are even worse than in Argentina. If a family is "squatting" in the apartment, do you think you'll ever be able to evict them? Would you want to?
is probably going to get worst, who knows if you as a foreigner will be allowed to keep the apartment anyway.

is probably going to get worst, who knows if you as a foreigner will be allowed to keep the apartment anyway.

The dollar has NOT kept up with inflation .If paid in dollars you would have lost a small amount against inflation during the past years. In spite of some peaks of devaluation but inflation catches up pretty fast...!!o_O

What do you get to lose for $10k ? What's the downsize ? 10k, upside 100k ? If any of you are going to investigate, I will be interested in joining.
All the good deals look like sh*t in bad times, you have to be able to identify it, and not worry about the downside, as long as you know what you are doing.

Back