Two men found stabbed to death in Palermo

bro can u give an english summary of that with location etc im too drunk to read spanish rigth now

TheBigDaddy said:
bro can u give an english summary of that with location etc im too drunk to read spanish rigth now

It's the Buenos Aires Herald, so it's in English. Basically, two stabbed corpses were found in parque 3 de febrero about 100 meters away from each other.

Sounds like someone targeted street vendors. One person had a bunch of "illegal DVDs"... They probably had a couple hundred pesos in cash (or more) and were an easy target. This sucks.

Tragic for the victims.

Was it like this four years ago here?

HeyBA said:
Tragic for the victims.

Was it like this four years ago here?

I don't remember stabbings being reported.

Also, the Buenos Aires Herald didn't really have an online presence, so whatever was going on in the city wasn't as easily passed along to the expat community.

I was held up at gunpoint, but it was in a low end gated community about an hour outside of town. They seemed to be a couple of kids in their late teens.

My old roommate got jumped in ~2009 on Niceto & ~Uriarte while he was waiting for a bus.

My current roommate got jumped in late 2009/early 2010 around Armenia & Nicaragua maybe.

An English friend got jumped, punched in the face (requiring stitches), and had his watch stolen on ~Gurruchaga & Charcas last October or November in the middle of the day.

An ex-girlfriend witnessed a motochorro duo go the wrong way down a sidewalk on Cordoba near Gascon, then the back guy hopped off, knocked a girl to the ground, grabbed her purse, and then turn around and weave through traffic to get away in early 2010.

Another old roommate was with two girls on a bench at about 2am in San Telmo after Tuesday night tango when two guys approached them with knives from either side. The thieves were young and inexperienced and ended up only getting AR$30 from the 3 of them. That was ~early 2010.

In mid 2010, two of her good friends were kissing in a park when they got robbed by two guys with knives. If the guy hadn't been with his girlfriend, he probably could have handled them both because of his ridiculous high level of jujitsu (sp?) training (he's an instructor), but because he was with his girlfriend, they handed over their phones and money.

Most people I know have been robbed at least once here.

I'd says it's got worse in the last couple of years. Our gunpoint robbery was in feb 2010, but six months ago a friend's relative was murdered, a month ago another friend's godson needed stitches for being hit on the head with a gun, and the same week my lawyer's accountant was robbed at gunpoint on his way to work. Not to mention the robberies on colectivos and subtes. The pharmacist across the road from me only serves through a window now. I sense he's been a victim too...

Thieves broke into the home of family friends in Belgrano a few months ago... they tied up the father and beat him for 2 hours in front of his 6 and 8-year-old kids. Then they raped the children's nanny (again, in front of them.) Turns out that within the span of a few months, 5 of the 9 houses on that street had also been robbed. My local friends (especially the older ones) have many stories of street muggings, break-ins, etc, but that level of anger and violence is on a scale all its own.

The brother of one of my workmates had someone break into their house in Zona Norte and just stole a cellphone and a wallet. The thing is that his wife and little girl were there. I can't imagine the fear that woman must've transmitted to the little girl. Sad.

That's terrifying - right next to the racetrack and my old neighborhood. I would run there all the time.

My personal opinion - it's gotten a lot worse over the last 2-3 years. When 90% of the people I know have been the victim of some type of crime, it speaks volumes to me.

Back