4300 Av. Colombia

Eligible U.S. citizen voters can
· Cast absentee ballots
· Complete federal write in ballots
· Register and request absentee ballots

We’ll have American food, music, remarks from Ambassador Martinez
RSVP: [email protected]

Election Day is November 6, 2012

Please remember to request an absentee ballot so you can vote and make your voice heard.

For information on electronic voter registration and absentee ballots, please visit the Federal Voting Assistance Program website at www.FVAP.gov . Also, the Consulate has voter registration and absentee ballot request forms that you can fill out and mail through the Argentine Mail Service (affixing international postage), or drop off at the Embassy to be sent through the U.S. postal system at no cost.

For more information, email [email protected].

Does this mean I can go there and fill out the necessary absentee request paperwork and cast a provisional ballot? Or does that paperwork need to be done in advance?

I'm going tomorrow and hadn't even requested my absentee ballot yet by mail, so I filled out the other FWAB one online. I think you're still supposed to send in the real absentee ballot once it arrives as a backup measure.

It is always a good idea to contact voting district of your last registration/residence first.

Example: Broward county, Fl will email you ballot that can be returned by fax.

This was a beautiful day to be on the plaza of the US Embassy where 500+ citizens came to register and file their absentee ballots for the Nov 6 election. As soon as I arrived, I went inside to the area where registration and absentee ballots were completed. This is the first time I took this route to cast my vote; other years I registered with my county clerk who sent the ballot by mail. The write-in ballot was simple to complete along with the registration form.

I nibbled on cookies while completing my forms. I missed most of Ambassador Vilma Martinez's welcome address, but I did get a chance to talk with her.

I enjoyed meeting an Argentine who grew up in the USA and returned a few years ago to Buenos Aires. He was there to vote along with the rest of us. We talked for hours after the event. I'm glad I attended.

db887 said:
It is always a good idea to contact voting district of your last registration/residence first.

Example: Broward county, Fl will email you ballot that can be returned by fax.

Wow, did not know that! I was going to pass on voting, but if I can do that, that certainly would make things easier.

The simplest way is to just have them eamil you the packet which has the ballot. Just scan and return!

Every State is different and in some not possible at all online. In Georgia, I was excited to go through the online process until the end when it told me to print the ballot, print the ENVELOPE, and mail. Thankfully early voting began prior to flight back out of the US.

The simplest way is to just have them eamil you the packet which has the ballot. Just scan and return!

Back