Uber Banned

When I loaded it to in BA to test it didn't show me any cars available. Clearly things are still not solved which is a shame - you have the corrupt government/taxi union fighting a company offering a good service but doing their best to avoid paying as much money as the Government wants. Hopefully a solution in the middle can be found - all the drivers in BA I spoke to had good things to say about Uber. I would rather them working and getting a salary than living off Government benefits like a large majority.

When I loaded it to in BA to test it didn't show me any cars available. Clearly things are still not solved which is a shame - you have the corrupt government/taxi union fighting a company offering a good service but doing their best to avoid paying as much money as the Government wants. Hopefully a solution in the middle can be found - all the drivers in BA I spoke to had good things to say about Uber. I would rather them working and getting a salary than living off Government benefits like a large majority.

It's a complicated issue.

Corrupt, inefficient union controlled enterprises which are still ultimately somewhat in the hands of your people versus efficient, transparent but alien enterprises with zero loyalty.

Ban taxis for offering shit service and ripping people off. I'm sure all the honest taxi drivers provide receipts and pay their full share of taxes on all income - end sarcasm. Why don't taxis start offering card payment like every other developed country in the world... oh wait...

This. Tal cual.

Everyone complains about the corruption in the country, but continues to be corrupt themselves.

my girlfriend used uber as recently as last friday. is it totally offline now?

This. Tal cual.

Everyone complains about the corruption in the country, but continues to be corrupt themselves.

How to bootstrap a high-trust society is an extraordinarily difficult engineering problem. You cannot simply ask people to start being truthful . Paradoxically that has the opposite effect over the long term.

I recommend expats coming from northwestern European and Japanese heritage embrace Argentina as the future rather than hoping for the past.

Back