Uber Banned

Used Uber this past weekend, both to and from Mercado San Telmo from Palermo. I've always had good luck with the taxis here, but it's being able to pay via CC on the Uber app that draws me to it.

The Argie gov has no **** business telling people what taxi or ride share service they can use. Some people never learn. If Kirchner were still president she would be blamed and hammered mercilessly. Macri gets a free pass. Let' see how long that lasts.

I have a problem with Uber for many of the reasons already stated but.......I will be using Uber and Easy Taxi when I can from now on. 3 out of the last 5 taxi's I used had "broken" meters i.e. they go too fast and they skip numbers. Tired of the stress involved in watching and timing the meters.

T/

I have a problem with Uber for many of the reasons already stated but.......I will be using Uber and Easy Taxi when I can from now on. 3 out of the last 5 taxi's I used had "broken" meters i.e. they go too fast and they skip numbers. Tired of the stress involved in watching and timing the meters.

T/
Yep - its a joke... Taxis are a monopoly and behave as they want - need competition to lift their game. The problem is the union has politicians in their pocket who aren't willing to bite the hand that pays them off just for some public recognition.

I have had some bad experiences with UBER drivers as well in BA. We must not forget - irresoective of whether it is a Taxi or Uber or Remi...the drivers are the same - only - the company name is different. They have the same attitudes/ same ways of cheating etc.

So personally I dont care if its a Uber or a taxi or a Remis - as long the driver is polite and not trying to cheat me.

it's hard for an uber driver to cheat you though, no? the fare is agreed before you ride.

Uber drivers are very careful because they depend on the passanger giving them a very good rating to earn more $$$ for providing excellent service.

Not necessarily.

I have had some bad experiences with Uber drivers here.

Mind you, the fare which is advised at start of the voyage may not be the real fare in the end. It depends on which route the driver takes. Sometimes they do not follow the route given by Uber but decide on their own route.

Mant times, Uber dirvers are so dumb that they sit another person in the car (instead of asking their name) and before you can react they are driving away with another guy and your phone show "On the trip"!! This has happened to me 3-4 times!

etc etc

I am world traveler and have all kinds of experiences with Uber drivers.

I have only had one bad experience with an Uber driver in Argentina and <10 bad experiences with Uber trips. In every single case Uber refunded part or all of the fare to my satisfaction.

Back