Uber Is Gaining Momentum

Nothing like safety with UBER drivers...
http://www.perfil.com/mobile/?nota=/contenidos/2016/05/31/noticia_0049.html

Nothing like safety with UBER drivers...
http://www.perfil.co...ticia_0049.html

There you go again, bajo.

Per the article you quoted, the guy lost his job as soon as he started to show signs of mental illness: (emphasis mine)

A su vez, reveló que el agresor había estado trabajando como chofer para la aplicación Uber, pero que "en agosto de 2015, su salud mental empeoró una vez más".

And in English:

Mire had lost his job as a minicab driver for Uber, and had a history of mental illness dating back to 2006, when he was admitted to hospital after he 'lost touch with reality' in a psychotic episode.

Do you enjoy posting stuff that you know to be false?

EDIT: The only disqualifying thing about the man that Uber might have acted on, prior to his showing signs of mental illness, is that he is Muslim.
Are you a Trump supporter? Why didn't ya tell us?

Taxi drivers are increasingly getting their hands on devices that allow their passengers to pay for rides with debit or credit cards in an attempt to prevent Uber from taking over the market.

http://www.bubblear.com/some-buenos-aires-taxis-let-you-pay-with-debit-or-credit-cards-now/

In past one month, I tried 4-5 times to hail a Uber but no "UBER" available.

It seems UBER is not doing well in Argentina.

On other hand, I have used UBER successfully in Chile, Uruguay and Brazil in recent weeks. All 3 places - v v good!

I've lost count on the number of uber trips i've taken in BA (over 20 for sure).

It's as great experience as it has been anywhere in the world.
It's usually cheaper than taxi but taxi here is not expensive so price is not the issue.

The "experience" is:
- ZERO physical transaction (just get in the car, ride, leave)
- I know ahead approx. how much I'll pay.
- Cars are mostly new.
- Drivers have better atidude (for now...)
- Smells better
- I know when a car is arriving.

I usually ride in the areas of san telmo, congreso, balvanera, san cristobal.

My suggestion for taxis? They should join the platform. In London (and other cities) they do.

We left BA last week and hailed an Uber from Recoleta to Ezeiza. Worked beautifully. Driver was a recently retired police officer with 35 years of service. We were super happy. We also tried to get an Uber on a Sunday morning in Hurlingham to go to Del Viso and no luck; the app said no cars available. We ended up taking a remise. We agreed ahead of time on the fare, which was a negotiation because they refused to give me a fixed price until I decided to walk away. Then they followed me and sort of agreed on the fare. At the first toll booth, the driver asked me to pay! I love Uber because none of this crap happens.

the app said no cars available.

I experinced this 5-6 times in last one month whenever I tried.

Something which I did not experience in other countries. Making me wonder, if UBER is here to stay or not.

Back