Uber Is Gaining Momentum

I just find the taxi drivers generally rude, but of course not always. They sometimes get offended if someone wants to go in the front seat. More than once I have had my 10-year old on my lap in the back with my wife and daughter next to us because the old codger driver would not let me in the front. And to top it all off, I spent years in London, a city where you tell them where to go and they just go there. I am tired of being a navigator every time I take a taxi and remise here, it's boring that they don't do their job well enough to know the city. Complicated locations, ok I almost (almost) understand it, but even easy routes leave some of them lost.

I just find the taxi drivers generally rude, but of course not always. They sometimes get offended if someone wants to go in the front seat. More than once I have had my 10-year old on my lap in the back with my wife and daughter next to us because the old codger driver would not let me in the front. And to top it all off, I spent years in London, a city where you tell them where to go and they just go there. I am tired of being a navigator every time I take a taxi and remise here, it's boring that they don't do their job well enough to know the city. Complicated locations, ok I almost (almost) understand it, but even easy routes leave some of them lost.

Uber drivers are worse. They spend 5 minutos programming the GPS in their phones before starting the ride. They have NO CLUE at all about where things are in the city. A taxi gets you there faster, no fiddling with the phone.

I'm going to be in BA in a month. I've read claims that Uber in Argentina can't charge against Visa or Mastercard credit cards, regardless of the country of issue. Is this true?

<p>
Uber drivers are worse. They spend 5 minutos programming the GPS in their phones before starting the ride. They have NO CLUE at all about where things are in the city. A taxi gets you there faster, no fiddling with the phone.

Have you ever even taken an uber here? The GPS automatically has your destination programed in. I've taken many and I haven't ever noticed a trip taking longer than in a taxi. In fact since Uber's pricing weights the trip time more heavily than distance (when compared to taxis) you can usually take a faster route (such as the highway or el bajo) without getting killed for it as you would in a taxi. I've talked to multiple taxi drivers about this and most wish they could charge this way.

I have never used Uber here. However, I don't mind how long a journey takes in most cases. I would much prefer that the Uber or taxi driver spend 5 mins programming their GPS and getting me to where I want to go as opposed to asking me for directions whenever they go off a main avenue. I live close to Velez Sarsfield stadium, about four blocks away. I cannot tell the drivers my actual street because they always get lost or don't know it. Always have to tell them the stadium, either get out there or go through the tedious process of navigating them through the streets.

It is like this a lot of the time for journeys to other locations too. I expect them to know their job and the city they work. If they do not, GPS should be used and I would have no problem an Uber driver taking 5 mins to sort that out. The good thing about Uber is I have already paid whereas the cabbie may have me on the meter when he is programming the GPS or getting lost in the city. Btw. taxis also charge you if they spend 15 minutes travelling around your neighborhood completely lost. Their professional errors should not cost me anything.

The good thing about Uber is I have already paid whereas the cabbie may have me on the meter when he is programming the GPS or getting lost in the city. Btw. taxis also charge you if they spend 15 minutes travelling around your neighborhood completely lost. Their professional errors should not cost me anything.

Wrong, the problem with Uber is that you don't know what you are going to pay until 15 minutes after the ride. And you pay for all driver mistakes. The Uber "ticker" is in the phone of the driver and it is counting up every KM you travel and every minute you are in the car.

I took a taxi yesterday and the driver missed the turn and had to double back. He asked (without me prompting him) to be discounted $15 for his mistake. I've had this happen to me multiple times. This is not possible with Uber, by the way. Uber decides how much the trip is worth and neither the driver nor the passenger are in control.

Saludos.

Wrong, the problem with Uber is that you don't know what you are going to pay until 15 minutes after the ride. And you pay for all driver mistakes. The Uber "ticker" is in the phone of the driver and it is counting up every KM you travel and every minute you are in the car.

I took a taxi yesterday and the driver missed the turn and had to double back. He asked (without me prompting him) to be discounted $15 for his mistake. I've had this happen to me multiple times. This is not possible with Uber, by the way. Uber decides how much the trip is worth and neither the driver nor the passenger are in control.

Saludos.

That's not true. You know when the ride is over what it cost and you can know the per min, per km cost at the time you get in.

The driver also has the ability to offer you a discount (at his expense) and unlike a taxi, you also have the ability to ask Uber for a discount after the fact based on the driver not knowing the route (and they will give it to you more often than not).

Why keep bashing Uber when you clearly don't know anything about it?

Uber wins in court.

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1949999-un-juez-determino-que-manejar-autos-para-uber-no-es-delito

Back