Uber Is Live In Ba

I think your last sentence summarizes my point of view pretty well: if we want to achieve some kind of road safety standards, make some requirements (e.g., regular car inspection every x month, max. alcohol of y ppm, minimum insurance coverage of z pesos) and apply it to *all* cars. If I cross the street, I wouldn't feel better getting hit by a car knowing "well, it's not a taxi, so the brakes didn't work". It just doesn't make sense if we consider a car "not safe" when it doesn't have a regular inspection, to let most of the cars still drive but have special restriction for a minority of drivers (at least if the issue really is public safety).

Finally, I have to admit I seriously doubt that the inspections that are apparently obligatory for taxis are really effective, given the amount of taxis here that don't have working seat belts...

I was robbed by two guys who got out of a taxi. The taxi system is broken. Uber may not be the whole answer but at least you see who the driver and and car should be.
I hate taxis and will always choose an alternative.

1. None Cabs are more often involved accidents in the early AM hours
2. None. Professional cab drivers often break the Law and drive recklessly
3. A regular car insurance is void if vehicle is used for commercial purposes

Question ; if you are injured in a traffic accident while riding in a legal CAB. YOU must sue for damages against a Private cab owner insurance, or a Cab Company. In the meantime for as long as they don't PAY, If they pay, for your Hospitalization etc. YOU must fork the $$ for medical if you don't have a medical insurance plan.??
Insurance companies do pay. And in any case if you are injured while on the street you will be taken to a public hospital. Doesn´t matter what kind of private insurance you have, only SAME can assist in an accident.

Can you hitchhike. Or is that a danger to public saftey as well? Or is it just a danger to your saftey? Until you can show me some real conclusive evidence about the public saftey issue, I'm calling bs.
Nobody is making a profit when you hitch hike, Uber is a different story, three guys with an app, that want to take a slice of the cake, and are not liable in case of accidents, etc and are clearly breaking the law and trying to engage individuals in am illegal activity emulating a public service.

Uber is to taxis what manteros are to stores.

Uber is trying to operate and challenging the government with an activity that is against all local laws.

Everybody talks about Uber, it is so hot and trendy.

Uber is cheap.

Uber does not get your a** covered in case of accident.

Uber driver´s do not have a professional license - a professional driver must know all hospitals, police stations, etc.

Uber is cheap

Uber is engaging individuals in an illegal activity

Uber will charge Argentina credit cards once or twice, mistakes happen. But hey, do you know that charges are not easily reverted in Argentina? It can take months.

Uber is cheap

Uber is giving you less service and less safety.

Uber is cheap.

I stick to cabs.

Uber has been declared illegal in this country. There are leaks and I think it still operates in some places. Cross fingers if you use that. If anything happens and you are involved in an accident it would be like trying to sue your drug dealer for selling you bad stuff..

Back