Uber Update?

I had trouble with AMEX as payment on Uber in Argentina. AMEX works in USA and Uruguay but not in Argentina. FYI

I've taken Uber twice here now. I really don't know what I was so worried about--runs smoothly. The only thing that I don't like is the "meet up locations". Not sure why, but the app will have you pin point where you want Uber to pick you up and then tell you to walk 4-6 blocks for pick up. Annoying... but still more convenient than a taxi.

I get in the front seat when taking from Capital of course, por las dudas. And I've asked the drivers how it's going right now and things seem to be looking up. :)

Nobody on pets? I need to take Serafina to Capital and they won't take her on public transport.
Remises are usually cool, but it really depends on the driver. Someone complained even when I got in with an anesthetized cat (who was obviously not going to utter a single meow) - the driver asked "What's this?! Is this a CAT?!"

27403393.876dc2c3.560.jpg

The only thing that I don't like is the "meet up locations". Not sure why, but the app will have you pin point where you want Uber to pick you up and then tell you to walk 4-6 blocks for pick up. Annoying... but still more convenient than a taxi.
I never saw this - you mean it won't let you get picked up from where you want? I had no issues with Uber arriving at my hotel - maybe it depends on address or it is a new update?

Watch out for UBER double invoicing.

We take an UBER last saturday and have received one invoice from UBER ARGENTINA and another for an almost identical amount from UBER NETHERLANDS.

Barclaycard have been advised and will reject one of the charges

From my pending charges , still not processed , I can see that they have done the same for Monday night.

Its easy too make money if you charge twice for the same service.

Looks like I will be with good old Radiotaxis from now on...

I never saw this - you mean it won't let you get picked up from where you want? I had no issues with Uber arriving at my hotel - maybe it depends on address or it is a new update?

Well, it happened to me twice relatively near Plaza de Mayo and once in provinicia...

However, I took it one other time in provincia and it came directly to my door. Who knows... :confused:

Nobody on pets? I need to take Serafina to Capital and they won't take her on public transport.
Remises are usually cool, but it really depends on the driver. Someone complained even when I got in with an anesthetized cat (who was obviously not going to utter a single meow) - the driver asked "What's this?! Is this a CAT?!"

27403393.876dc2c3.560.jpg

I honestly do not know. I had this conversation with one of my riders back in the US and I know I have never read anything about Uber's policy on it. If the cat was in a carrier, I personally would probably let them ride. Otherwise, I would decline. At the end of the day it might be the driver's preference. Sorry I cannot offer much help here...

Watch out for UBER double invoicing.

We take an UBER last saturday and have received one invoice from UBER ARGENTINA and another for an almost identical amount from UBER NETHERLANDS.

Barclaycard have been advised and will reject one of the charges

From my pending charges , still not processed , I can see that they have done the same for Monday night.

Its easy too make money if you charge twice for the same service.

Looks like I will be with good old Radiotaxis from now on...
Did you contact Uber and tell them about the issue? I'm sure they will rectify it and hopefully fix the problem ASAP. Don't give up - their customer service is usually great... My parents are visiting from Australia and got in a taxi for a few blocks - taxi meter showed 35 but my Mum who is not great at travelling misunderstood the comma for a dot and gave the guy 350... He took it and didn't say anything - absolute scum.

I've taken Uber twice here now. I really don't know what I was so worried about--runs smoothly. The only thing that I don't like is the "meet up locations". Not sure why, but the app will have you pin point where you want Uber to pick you up and then tell you to walk 4-6 blocks for pick up. Annoying... but still more convenient than a taxi.

I get in the front seat when taking from Capital of course, por las dudas. And I've asked the drivers how it's going right now and things seem to be looking up. :)

That has happened to me as well but I discovered that I can manually move the pin on the map myself to adjust the address where I want the vehicle to meet me.

Back