Uber Update?

MorganF

Registered
I used to use Uber regularly in BA. Haven't used it for two months and now - there are near zero Uber's available! Ha Uber in BA stopped? Did the government succeed in banning it?

i took Uber about a month ago to the AEP airport but couldn't find one on the return. Does uber go to EZE airport?

Used Uber this morning from centro to AEP. Paid 100 pesos (tolls included) - had a good chat with the driver. I sat in the front with him because he had issues with taxi drivers attacking him when he dropped off a passenger who got out of the back seat. Paid with my Australian linked credit card (pesos got converted to USD at official). Great experience and again proves how much better it is than what the taxis offer in terms of ripping people off, cleanliness. He also spoke about how Uber is trying to become legal by paying taxes and monotributo etc

I encourage EVERYONE to start/continue using Uber to force it to become an accepted service to stop the taxi union monopoly. Maybe it will be a wake up call and they start behaving - if not they will lose business and Uber will eat into their market share. Good riddance.

Note he went to AEP and if you're coming from capital, it's usually muuuuch faster and closer. About 15 min from my apt in Palermo Hollywood -- and there are no tolls (assuming you're coming from the city).

Uber drivers are now slowly starting to behave like bad taxi drivers worldwide. In the sense, they want to reject short voyages or to inconvenient locations and only accept longer voyages..

When the uber drivers calls you up asking you where you are going - dont reveal the true destination to him till he arrives.

Ceviche -- has that happened to you in argentina, more than once? I use Uber a lot in arg and haven't had any problem of that sort, even close to it. (I may also just have been lucky so far!)

Back