Uber Update?

I almost took a Uber on Sunday, but then it started costing like a taxi because of high demand and I gave up.

I almost took a Uber on Sunday, but then it started costing like a taxi because of high demand and I gave up.
Even if you pay the same, you will get better service, air conditioning and it won't be smelly like others.

I used an Uber today simply because I was out of cash and didn't have my ATM card on me. It seems that only a small minority of taxis in BA take credit cards. Can I get a taxi that take plastic via EZCab or something like that?

Some have the sticker saying they accept TODOPAGO or something like that. It is a card reader attached to a smartphone.

However, you can call a taxi and pay with card using Easy Taxi or Taxi Premium. I believe there are others.

I NEVER use taxis. Today while waiting in the foyer of the Casa de la Cultura to attend a free concert, I watched a video about the BA TAXI APP that was announced a year ago and is now in full operation. You use the app to get a taxi and then pay with a credit card. Sound familiar?

This is what the site http://www.buenosair...xi-ba-la-ciudad states:

The app is a new tool of innovation that will allow to request the taxis through the cell phone without any additional cost for the users nor for drivers who register in the system.

A modern city is one that provides open and participatory solutions and evolves from the needs of increasingly connected neighbors. That is why we continue to work alongside the team of Andy Freire, Minister of Modernization, Innovation and Technology, developing mobile applications that improve the travel experience in the City so that moving from one place to another is safer, easier and more accessible to everyone.

In this way, we promote creativity and innovation to improve the mobility of people, with an application that connects private passengers with professional taxi drivers under the law, promoting new technologies.

The City of Buenos Aires has a total of 38 thousand taxis available at any time. All have air conditioning and ABS and practically most of them operate on gas, which makes them the least polluting fleet in Latin America and one of the most sustainable on the planet. In addition, taxis contain a QR code that provides information easily and quickly, allowing greater passenger safety, service transparency and more efficient controls.

Soon, BA Taxi will allow us to request trips to qualified drivers and have real-time access to the vehicle and its driver, guaranteeing greater safety and quality of service. In addition, it will allow you to geo-referentize travel, pay with credit card and qualify the experience.

Buenos Aires is one of the most innovative cities in Latin America. We innovate with Metrobus, with EcoBici and with mobile applications such as BA Subte, BA Mobile, BA How to Get There, BA Denuncia Vial and BA EcoBici, providing tools so that we can design our trips in the best way, providing information in real time, in each moment of our day.any taxis available in the city at any hour of the day or night?

Forget Uber and use BA Taxi.

Uber is consistently 20-30% cheaper(non surge prices), i can verify this after hundreds of trips with both options, always the same route.

The quality of the cars are equally awful for both taxis and ubers.

I rarely go by taxi anymore, main reason being that they don't accept cards and more than one time they don't have change for a 100 peso bill lol.

Also the taxi drivers know the city so they usually don't use GPS. When adviced on a faster route (no trafic) I have been called a stupid tourist when in reality the driver is stupid and don't know how to use new tech.

Uber is consistently 20-30% cheaper(non surge prices), i can verify this after hundreds of trips with both options, always the same route.

I made simulations and got the opposite result.
Anyway, I feel more at ease with legit taxis where I hope the driver is getting paid social contributions and has some sort of laboral protection instead of Uber, where you can be left jobless all of a sudden and with no explanation.

The sharing economy is a great things but it comes for a price, which me might not see or decide to ignore.

Uber, where you can be left jobless all of a sudden and with no explanation.

No exactly. They get ratings from each customer they work with ( they also give ratings to customers - eg mine is 4.87/5). so basically , if they (the sodding drivers) get too many 1*, Uber knocks them off from the game. Not exactly without a warming.

Uber is godsent to many people. Some youngsters I met claimed Uber saved them from aborting college. The BA taxi drivers have lately become very wicked especially after facing competition from Uber.

Despite protest by Taxi drivers and BA govt, UBER drivers in BA continue to thrive and not left "jobless".

Back