University in English??

kellymp

Registered
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to start a master's program in Buenos Aires and was wondering if anyone knows of one in English. I want to study communications or marketing.

PLEASE don't respond that I should learn Spanish. I DO speak Spanish, and studied two years in France, always speaking/writing/reading in French and it's a lot of work. I would really like to just do it in English, if possible!

Thanks for your suggestions!
Kelly

Thanks but I didn't see any information about English programs, and it looks like they don't have anything in the communications/marketing field.

Unless you had a specific link?

Sorry to pincharte el globo, but there are no full degree programs in English. At least I'm 99% positive! Many universities here have classes in English for international students, like UB, but none offer full programs.

Suerte!

Thanks Kate! I was afraid of that, but thought I'd give it a try.

The only realistic way to do an English-speaking program in BA might be online. Nothing super-lame like "University of Phoenix", but I know some large American universities, such as Tulane, Washington, and the University of Central FL, are now offering distance-learning graduate programs.

I dont think the argentinian Ministry of Education would approve any non-Spanish educational program.

Perhaps you can contact the Ministry of Education, Higher Education area to comfirm.

lwfh said:
does flacso teach in English?

Flacso offers some courses in English but no degrees, as far as I know. They will assist with enrollment in degree programs at local universities but the courses in those programs are taught in Spanish.

starlucia said:
The only realistic way to do an English-speaking program in BA might be online. Nothing super-lame like "University of Phoenix", but I know some large American universities, such as Tulane, Washington, and the University of Central FL, are now offering distance-learning graduate programs.

As a professor who has done some online teaching, I think this is a good idea - the quality of some online programs is actually quite good. I would definitely seek out a reputable university, and then ask if you can be connected with some people who've completed the program and get their take on it.

Back