US Aid to Haiti

Well the rest of the world think you are despicable.
I'm glad I found the spokesman for the rest of the world. Your pomposity is only exceeded by your lack of understanding. Your attitudes are so slanted that you wouldn't recognize the truth if it bit your ass.

Chavez was in Harlem wanting to provide the poor people with cheap oil. He also tried to do the same with people in New Orleans
So this it the foreign aid we get from the rest of the world? Chavez is a manipulator and used this visit as a "photo op" - but I'm sure you believe he is a saint, and has committed no atrocities against his own people. I guess my Venezuelan friends that left their property and businesses to flee to the USA are delusional as well...If you think well of him, you are probably uneducated and uninformed.

You don't really. Most of your "aid" are given to American puppet states. And most of it is military aid.
What? Are you living on another planet? Are you telling me that the USA has NOT helped in the Tsunami, poured billions into aids prevention in Africa, brought food, shelter and medical aid to the people of Haiti? You should watch something other than cartoons.

Yeah and if you don't like France, stop eating Brie cheese, drink wine
I don't believe France invented wine - did you read that in a history book or just invent that yourself. Have you read the Bible...they were drinking wine far earlier than France was even a though...And I don't eat brie.

Nazi-Germany invented a lot of good things too so should we stop using those things as well?
Nazi's invented a lot of good things? Like what? Tell me three things that we have that were invented by the Nazi's that are good. OK, I'll settle for one thing...I suspect this is an another invention of yours. It seems that your response is an irrational emotional reply without facts to back it up.

Orwellian, may I ask how wide is your circle of Argentine friends and acquaintances? Have you travelled throughout Argentina? Have you talked to people in Salta, Santa Cruz, Cordoba, Neuquen and Mendoza? Have you been to small Buenos Aires towns like Balcarce and Coronel Pringles?

I'm trying to gauge how deep your knowledge of Argentina is. Forgive me for asking, but I'm simpleminded.

Having travelled through countries like Pakistan, Iran, East Timor, Yemen, Indonesia where one can perceive a lot of anti-US sentiment (which often has a historical foundation) I found that the majority of people I met were intelligent enough to distinguish between the US government and the US people and they reserved their criticisms for the US government.

I wonder why Norway, Canada and Australia don't attract that same envy, they all have a higher standard of living than the US under almost any social indicator and yet that burning envy doesn't seem to be there. They must be doing something wrong.

Great Britain invaded Argentina twice, occupied the Malvinas, and plundered the country for years, yet the British are admired. The US never had much to do with this corner of the world, and it is hated/envied. Go figure.

Ernest said:
I'm glad I found the spokesman for the rest of the world. Your pomposity is only exceeded by your lack of understanding. Your attitudes are so slanted that you wouldn't recognize the truth if it bit your ass.

Ok maybe "the rest of the world" is exaggerating a bit. But tell me, what's the truth? Isn't it a fact that the U.S has overthrown governments, bombed and tortured innocent people throughout history?

Ernest said:
So this it the foreign aid we get from the rest of the world? Chavez is a manipulator and used this visit as a "photo op" - but I'm sure you believe he is a saint, and has committed no atrocities against his own people. I guess my Venezuelan friends that left their property and businesses to flee to the USA are delusional as well...If you think well of him, you are probably uneducated and uninformed.

And the U.S are not manipulators? I think the rest of the world would give your poor people aid if they were allowed to.
And your Venezuelan friends didn't flee, they left because of political reasons. If you go to Venezuela and ask the majority of the people who live there who keep voting for Chavez, I am sure you will get a completely different response than if you ask your white middle class friends.

Ernest said:
What? Are you living on another planet? Are you telling me that the USA has NOT helped in the Tsunami, poured billions into aids prevention in Africa, brought food, shelter and medical aid to the people of Haiti? You should watch something other than cartoons.

No, I am saying that most of your aid is military. Check out the list of top 10 countries:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...velopment#Budgetary_Resources_for_Foreign_Aid

Ernest said:
I don't believe France invented wine - did you read that in a history book or just invent that yourself. Have you read the Bible...they were drinking wine far earlier than France was even a though...And I don't eat brie.

My bad, that should have been French wines and not wines. But that wasn't my point anyways.

Ernest said:
Nazi's invented a lot of good things? Like what? Tell me three things that we have that were invented by the Nazi's that are good. OK, I'll settle for one thing...I suspect this is an another invention of yours. It seems that your response is an irrational emotional reply without facts to back it up.

Rockets, Freeways and TV broadcasting.

SaraSara said:
Orwellian, may I ask how wide is your circle of Argentine friends and acquaintances? Have you travelled throughout Argentina? Have you talked to people in Salta, Santa Cruz, Cordoba, Neuquen and Mendoza? Have you been to small Buenos Aires towns like Balcarce and Coronel Pringles?

I'm trying to gauge how deep your knowledge of Argentina is. Forgive me for asking, but I'm simpleminded.

It's not very deep at all. Although I have meet several people who have, after asking me where I was from, told me how much they hate the U.S.

SaraSara said:
Great Britain invaded Argentina twice, occupied the Malvinas, and plundered the country for years, yet the British are admired. The US never had much to do with this corner of the world, and it is hated/envied. Go figure.

The U.S have never had much to do with this country? What an ignorant fool you are. You should read about how involved CIA and American companies were into the disappearance of thousands of Argentines.
The British invasion was hundreds of years ago, I doubt that anyone cares about that anymore. But I am sure you will find many people hating on British people here as well because of the Malvinas.

Insults are the last refuge of people without good arguments.

I'm not the one who's an "ignorant fool", basing my opinions on a sample of "several people". If that's the kind of information you rely on, no wonder you are so wrong.

On that note, I'll leave you to stew in your Anti-American venom - hope you enjoy it.

I,m English and I,ve never had any problems about the Falklands/Malvinas,and I hope I never will....

SaraSara said:
Insults are the last refuge of people without good arguments.

I'm not the one who's an "ignorant fool", basing my opinions on a sample of "several people". If that's the kind of information you rely on, no wonder you are so wrong.

On that note, I'll leave you to stew in your Anti-American venom - hope you enjoy it.

It's not an insult, an insult would be: "You fucking idiot". You are an ignorant American because you don't know anything about what the CIA did here. And if anyone doesn't have any arguments here, it is you.

Despite the Malvinas/Falklands, Argentinians greatly admire the British. Always have.

They are blessed with a cachet, a snob appeal that no other nationality enjoys.

Back