US Aid to Haiti

Orwellian,
Your last response confirms you limited knowledge of reality "I dont need experience to know..." Give me a break. My eyes are wide open and I am still proud of what my country has accomplished and what it has done. If you have a problem with that then YOU have a problem, I do not.

Did you watch the clip that citygirl posted - well watch it a couple more times until it sinks into that narrow and closed mind of yours. You might learn something useful - the kind of stuff that Wikipedia doesn't cover.

Conversing with you is like trying to teach a pig to sing or f...it wastes my time and annoys the pig. I learned long ago that you cant reason with a 5 year old - you just have to smile and guide them to the proper outcome. You are this forums five year old.

Last thing - please tell me the country from which you come - If there are more like you there, I will surely stay away.
Ernest

Ernest said:
Orwellian,
....please tell me the country from which you come....
Ernest

I imagine he comes from the city of Ipswich, Suffolk in the United Kingdom. The River Orwell runs through it and an Orwellian would be somebody who dwells on the banks of the River Orwell.

SaraSara said:
FYI, the Chinese not only invented gunpowder but also fireworks - essentially, miniature rockets.

Comparing rocket science with fireworks... Who's the 5 year old?

Ernest said:
Orwellian,
Your last response confirms you limited knowledge of reality "I dont need experience to know..." Give me a break. My eyes are wide open and I am still proud of what my country has accomplished and what it has done. If you have a problem with that then YOU have a problem, I do not.

The United States has been around for a while and did a lot of things. What exactly is it your proud of? Isn't there also a lot of things you are a shamed of that your country has done to other nations and that it's doing to your own people?
And do you really think you need to go to Iraq to know what your country is doing to those people?

Ernest said:
Did you watch the clip that citygirl posted - well watch it a couple more times until it sinks into that narrow and closed mind of yours. You might learn something useful - the kind of stuff that Wikipedia doesn't cover.

I have already watched that movie. And they are talking about life and culture. I am talking about foreign policies. Even if I went to the United States I would learn nothing about your foreign policies. In fact, I have learned a lot about U.S foreign policies by just meeting Americans abroad as they tend to be more critical against their government than the sheep that don't travel.
But sure I can go there and would surely see how beautiful it is. But again, that is not the point I am trying to make. I am talking about genocide, killing innocent civilians, starvation etc. This is surely nothing to be proud of. If it is, then you are a fascist.

SaraSara said:
Thanks for posting this movie clip - it is right on target.

No it isn't. The character in the movie never left his hometown. So you can hardly compare the two, let alone say it's right on target.

jp said:
Cheers to the american public and their generosity.
Jeers to the last 10 years of US foreign policy towards Haiti.

The last 10 years? Try 110

Sergiooooooooooo where are you??? Look at all the attention your post finally got ;)

nikad said:
Sergiooooooooooo where are you??? Look at all the attention your post finally got ;)

Yes, the thread finally got noticed! Of course I NEVER said that the US was perfect, nor did I defend US foreign policy. In fact, I am radically opposed to a great deal of US foreign policy. My point was that there is a LOT of criticism of the US on this website and I thought something positive should be said about the US role in the Hatian relief effort. There are a number of other positive things I noted about the US on my recent extended trip there and I'll try to comment on them in later threads but I don't want to confuse issues here.

Even if I went to the United States I would learn nothing about your foreign policies. In fact, I have learned a lot about U.S foreign policies by just meeting Americans abroad as they tend to be more critical against their government than the sheep that don't travel.

You world learn nothing? Gees, don't you think you would be able to speak to the sheep and learn their point of view? Then again, you are too closed minded to learn anything that does not conform to your clouded view of the world. In one breath you say you could learn nothing - so I suppose you would 't speak to the sheep in the USA, but you DO speak to the Americans that travel and they taught you everything there is to know. Do you see the disconnect in your thinking?

do you really think you need to go to Iraq to know what your country is doing to those people?
No. You're right - Instead I think Ill rely on what the media filters to me or on guys like you that know everything and are way too willing to tell all. Of course you have to go to learn the truth ( Unless of course it is you, who apparently has the unique ability to absorb knowledge from thin air). I think I would like to see the schools that have been built and speak to the young ladies to find out how they like learning in school for the first time instead of being locked at home. I may want to take a look at the new hospitals to see what kind of equipment they have. I might even want to run some water from the tap to wash my face - I'd like to see how clear their water is now that the infrastructure is restored and the electric lights are on. Or I can listen to you and wring my hands in horror.

Comparing rocket science with fireworks... Who's the 5 year old?
You really don't have a clue, do you? That's what makes you so funny. Do you actually believe that things that shoot into the sky using solid propellant (Gun Powder) are not rockets, but those that use liquid fuel are rockets? Come on, Orwellian you have to be jerking me around...I'll bet money you will never be accused of being a rocket scientist.

then you are a fascist.
Please clearly define fascist. I want fully understand what you think it is. And don't reply and ask me for the definition - I did not use the word, you did.

Back