Us Embassy Warning On Crime In Argentina

Aren't most people regardless of their religion? What bone do you have to pick with the mormons? Live and let live.
Aren't most people regardless of their religion? What bone do you have to pick with the mormons? Live and let live.

They don't live and let live. They are among the most aggressive proselytizers, and the least charitable toward those who do not agree with their worldview (if you can call it that).

I am not a Mormon and I don't believe in their religion but I have met quite a few Mormons around the world and had one convert in my family. I have always found them honest and kind people. Whatever you may think of their doctrines, they are self sufficient people who look after their neighbors. I think the fraudster comment is unfair.

I lived in Utah for almost fifteen years. I had many Mormon friends and dated several Mormon women. None of them tried to convert me to Mormonism. One of my Mormon friends helped me enormously when I has a serous financial setback. Joining the church was not a condition of accepting his help. In fact, it was never mentioned.

The term "fraudster" apparently applies to "a 2000 year old zombie" who was also know as Jesus of Nazareth. Perhaps the exp<b></b>ression "2000 year old zombie" was used instead of "Jesus" to avoid offending Christians.

Well, perhaps not.
emo32.gif

I lived in Utah for almost fifteen years. I had many Mormon friends and dated several Mormon women. None of them tried to convert me to Mormonism. One of my Mormon friends helped me enormously when I has a serous financial setback. Joining the church was not a condition of accepting his help. In fact, it was never mentioned.

Well, perhaps not.
emo32.gif

You probably joined without knowing it: http://tinyurl.com/88b433n

You probably joined without knowing it: http://tinyurl.com/88b433n

If you actually read the article in the link you would know that's not possible.

Baptism by proxy apples is only performed for dead people.

From the article: "According to Mormon doctrine, dead people who are baptized by proxy don’t automatically join the church. Instead, they have the right to accept or reject the ordinance in the afterlife..."

I worked and lived in Utah over a 5 year period and whilst 90% of the people I met and consider friends are lovely there were a scary amount of repressed individuals who seemed to be play acting a life they didn't believe in. So many were inquisitive as to life outside the church as even if they had travelled abroad for their missions it was as very young people cossetted within the church.My true lasting friends from that time ie the jack Mormons are those didn't meet the monitored church attendance quota to be able to be considered true mormons and who missed key family events like weddings as they were barred from the temple.They choose/chose to stay around so as to keep their kids in school without any hassle.
The poor guy was maybe kidnapped as they thought the prophet Moroni is actually blowing a real golden horn atop the Bsas temple.

If you actually read the article in the link you would know that's not possible.

Baptism by proxy apples is only performed for dead people.

From the article: "According to Mormon doctrine, dead people who are baptized by proxy don’t automatically join the church. Instead, they have the right to accept or reject the ordinance in the afterlife..."

The atheist Annie O'Connor is herself now one of them. But ethical issues never bothered her either.

I've known a gazillion Mormones over the years. The ones I've known never tried to convert me, but every Saturday morning ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKkLV1zE8M0

The atheist Annie O'Connor is herself now one of them. But ethical issues never bothered her either.

Who is Annie O'Connor and what does her atheism or her ethics have to do with the fact that your assertion that I "probably joined" the Mormon church "without knowing it" was actually contradicted by the information in the link that you provided?

Back