USA visa for Argentinian boyfriend

humahuaca

Registered
Hello!
This question has probably come up before many times and I've searched past threads but here it goes: I am an American and I have an Argentinian boyfriend and I want him to come meet my parents in the United States. How difficult (is it impossible?) for him to get a tourist visa for a month? How far in advance should this process be started? Also, should I just abandon the idea of a tourist visa and go the fiancee-visa route?

Thanks so much in advance,
HM

Depends on if he can pay for it, if he has a job, if he has a property, if he studies and luck.

He can pay for it, he has a job as a medic (doing his residency), he has no property, he is taking classes to conduct medical research...

Just schedule an appointment at your embassy for a tourist visa. He might get it or not. The only way you can help him out is applying for a fiance visa, and for that you have to be engaged.

He doesn't have a EU passport by any chance? That's the easiest way for an Argentine.

I was in the same situation my girlfriend is korean-american wanted me to meet her parents in portland. I co-own a very reputable restaurant and a hostel in Cape Town I was denied a visa but at the same time my mother was issued a visa!!?? she is a pensioner (but she had a life long tourist visa pre 9/11) good luck!! even if they issue your boyfriend a visa he can still be denied entry to the US at the port of entry. visa issued at a consulate means nothing if the immigration officer at the airport does not like the looks of your boyfriend. so make sure you travel with him to your home country

No, he doesn't have an EU passport - only an Argentinian one. Sounds like the first step is to set up an interview at the US embassy.

Back