Use dollars or ATMs ?

bogador

Registered
When I travel to Argentina, should I bring paper dollars with me to exchange for pesos, or use ATMs for pesos?

Dollar bills will get you a 6$ per usd exchange rate, ATMs will get you 4.6$ pero usd + fees ;)

Hi you all, not exchange agencies or ATMs gives more than that. You just can get 8 pesos for 1 pounds, and 6,50 per dólar. Call at 4821 7986 or email me at [email protected] Alejandra

Know that if you bring dollars you will need to deal with a semi dodgy unlicensed exchange house to get rates of 6 and above. I have done it with no problems and it's definitely worth it, just know you can't go anywhere official to do it (incl the airport).

Allie33 said:
Hi you all, not exchange agencies or ATMs gives more than that. You just can get 8 pesos for 1 pounds, and 6,50 per dólar. Call at 4821 7986 or email me at [email protected] Alejandra

You do sound reliable having joined this forum a couple of days ago and promoting illegal business.,,

Maybe a bit of a noob overanxious to be helpful. Here's her cel from another thread.

"Here my mob. 11 30 20 5774 Alex"

nikad said:
Dollar bills will get you a 6$ per usd exchange rate, ATMs will get you 4.6$ pero usd + fees ;)

In my case the net ATM rate is 4.3 $ per USD deducting the fees..:D

Make sure the US dollars are obtained and kept in mint condition (no marks, writing, tears or creases) or you will not be able to use them

Does anyone in the interior have luck getting $6 or more per USD when changing cash? I am heading straight to Salta and don't necessarily want to detour to a BA cueva unless it's the only way I will get at least 6.

Back