Vamos Los Rangers de Tejas!! (beisbol)

Napoleon

Registered
Just in case anyone was watching TELEVISION (I had to make this "Entertainment specific"), you might have noticed that Satan's Spawn (The New York Yankees) got their rumps handed to them again by the Texas Rangers baseball team.

I would like to congratulate the Texas Rangers (ne "The Washington Senators" in 1961) on making it to the World Series for the first time in this, their 50th year in existence. Proof once again that Satan will not always win.

mlb_a_rangers_celebrate_b2_576.jpg

If you see someone around Retiro/Recoleta in a Rangers jersey tee or hat, it's either my wife or me. So yeah, this is awesome, despite last night not going the way I wanted.

It's been huge for me, having all the games on ESPNHD here, because the expat bars are pretty awful and there's never anyone actually watching the games. I don't remember it being this shitty years ago... I'd love for there to actually be a place where people go to watch the games.

Maybe when I hit it rich, I'll open an expat sports bar. Haha.

Let's plan a get-together for the serious baseball fans. Since it's on ESPN, perhaps we can find it at a better place than the 2 ExPat bars here.

Anyone interested? Game starts at 8:30PM tonight.

I'm an Indians fan (don't stay a word...), lived 6 years in BOS before Buenos Aires - and so a strong supporter of the "Yankees Suck " club. I don't have much invested in either of the teams in this year's World Series, but am a die-hard fan of good baseball.

Who knows a place to meet? I can wear my Indians shirt - if you promise not to laugh. :)

I went to Sugar last night. There tended to be a LOT of Giants fans. Including two of the bartenders who had spent time in the Bay area. This did not sit well with me. Especially when Cliff Lee fell flat on his face.

deef217 said:
Let's plan a get-together for the serious baseball fans. Since it's on ESPN, perhaps we can find it at a better place than the 2 ExPat bars here.

Anyone interested? Game starts at 8:30PM tonight.

I'm an Indians fan (don't stay a word...), lived 6 years in BOS before Buenos Aires - and so a strong supporter of the "Yankees Suck " club. I don't have much invested in either of the teams in this year's World Series, but am a die-hard fan of good baseball.

Who knows a place to meet? I can wear my Indians shirt - if you promise not to laugh. :)

Might not be able to get everything together for tonight(I think I have errands to run), but how about Saturday?

That might work a little better with my schedule, being game 3 and not having to work the next morning.

I'll likely be in Pilar on Saturday. darn! And next week I have people coming in (work related) from out of town and will likely be playing hostess for a few dinners. But maybe I can convince them to watch the game too. Where would be a good spot?

Vamos Los Rangers? Creo que si, pero no me gusta La Liga Americana. Vamos Los Astros! Vamos todos los equipos de Texas . . . . I guess. But for them to win one before the Astros would be a travesty.

texxaslonghorn said:
Vamos Los Rangers? Creo que si, pero no me gusta La Liga Americana. Vamos Los Astros! Vamos todos los equipos de Texas . . . . I guess. But for them to win one before the Astros would be a travesty.
The Rangers never let Nolan Ryan "walk away". The 'Stros did. And for that I'm eternally grateful. (I was at Arlington Stadium to watch Nolan pitch his 7th & last No-No.)

The Rangers, and team president NOLAN F'ING RYAN totally deserve to win a World Series before the 'Stros.

NolanRyanRobinVenturaFight.jpg

Let's Go Ran-gers!! <clap clap clap-clap-clap>

Back