Venting on BAexpats...

You obviously have no idea hows life in Congo or Myanmar or Bangladesh.

Argentina is heaven if the perspective is reversed.

There are approximately 200 countries in the world. Argentina, USA, New Zealand are just 3 of them ; and none of these three are the centre of the universe.

No shit I didn't say argentina was worse than the Congo. I'm sure it's worse there. My statement was that I believe that people in the USA have an easier life than in argentina.

Mainly this is a statement of how disconnected the USA is to the rest of the world. Americans always complaining about how their package didn't arrive but no one shot at them that day. Quit complaining about stuff in the states because many have it much worse.

My statement was that I believe that people in the USA have an easier life .

Mainly this is a statement of how disconnected the USA is to the rest of the world. Americans always complaining about how their package didn't arrive but no one shot at them that day. Quit complaining about stuff in the states because many have it much worse.

Indeed. And its because USA enjoys the status of having US dollar as the reserve currency and ability to print dollars out of thin air, which other countries must purchase to import goods they need. However, its only a matter of time now..when this US dollar supremacy will end and so will other things in retrospect, such as "how disconnected the USA is to the rest of the world".

No shit I didn't say argentina was worse than the Congo. I'm sure it's worse there. My statement was that I believe that people in the USA have an easier life than in argentina.

USA has just about anything you could want to buy. Buy! Buy! But it also has this. And it is seriously bad. Third World bad in many places.

“Last year, the United States tallied more than 20,000 murders — the highest total since 1995 and 4,000 more than in 2019. Preliminary FBI data for 2020 points to a 25% surge in murders — the largest single year increase since the agency began publishing uniform data in 1960.”

USA is also the most racist country on Earth. Read all about it at the NYT 1619 Project. If you are white in USA, you are—by default—a racist. And YOU WILL ATONE!

Face reality. The world’s a mess. Pick a country with great wine and steak, and enjoy what time you have left.

It's a weird argument to make. You should be happy with problems in Argentina becuase they are not as bad as the problems in Congo.

I have never lived in Congo, unfortunately. I have lived in the UK, Argentina, and a few other places in Europe and extended stays in Asia. I obviously base my opinions on what I know and have experienced. Every complaint I have about Argentina is valid when compared to the other places I have lived. Doesn't mean those other places are without problems but I am in Argentina now and this is a forum about Argentina, not Spain. It also doesn't mean I hate Argentina or don't want to live here.

And I am not comparing to the USA, a place I have never lived.

Reactions: Moe
Back