Violent protests in Chile: Will this spread to Argentina?

I find that hard to believe. More likely the tried and true method of smearing the protestors with names such as "terrorists", or in days past. "communists". Paint them as "others" which is then used as an excuse for the government to use force as they like.

You may be right .. who knows? the conspiracy theory always exist. The Foro de San Paulo?

I find that hard to believe. More likely the tried and true method of smearing the protestors with names such as "terrorists", or in days past. "communists". Paint them as "others" which is then used as an excuse for the government to use force as they like.

Piñera may have said this "We have met the enemy and the enemy is us"

Listening to news on TV , many nervous politicians here try to Explain, with fear, WHY the looting of supermarkets in Chile may not spread to Argentina..?? Wishful thinking...!

Wide spread looting and burning of 350 supermarkets all along Chile...!!

Last edited:
Listening to news on TV , many nervous politicians here try to Explain, with fear, WHY the looting of supermarkets in Chile may not spread to Argentina..?? Wishful thinking...!

Wide spread looting and burning of supermarkets all along Chile...!!

People never realise the dangers they are in until too late . The only reason that Argentina is not in political turnoil now is that people have a lot of hope with the new government of Peronists . I feel that their hopes will be dashed and within 90 days after the honeymoon period finishes and people realise that their lives are more shit than before and their wages cannot even buy enough food for a week things will get very nasty .

The only country that I would emigrate to now in South America Is Peru as in spite of some political problems it seems the most stable and their economy is growing . I am not a fan of Brazil due to high crime rates , Uruguay while pleasant is too boring and expensive . Paraguay the same but cheaper . Bolivia is too different culturally for me . Ecuador is in similar problems to Argentina . Colombia is too dangerous and Chile which everyone believed to be the lucky country of South America was not what it seemed with tremendous resentment brooding under the surface now showing its face with mass looting and vandalism .

American Airlines sent me a warning of civil unrest in Barcelona. There are so many places now where there are violent protests. I believe it's a kind of contagion. People see it on the news and they get the idea that they should use the same tactics to express their anger over the status quo. Seems dissatisfaction over social inequality had been festering in Chile and has finally come to the surface. The new government will surely increase social spending but where will they get the money? The printing press? Higher taxes on the middle class and wealthy? Will that be enough?

After the world wars we entered a time of global prosperity as a world. Globalism spread, technology increased productivity, shipping lanes were protected by the sole surviving super power, nearly everyone's standard of living increased, and our population had not yet exploded.

Since then we have depleted resources, added a few billion more people, and are now living an increasingly multi-superpower world. Declining resources per-capita and the visibility of richer persons via internet, etc, drives envy and in some cases necessity.

No one knows what the world looks like when it is not growing. No one alive has lived in a world that failed to grow. The world depends on so many pillars that are little more than ponzi schemes depending on perpetual growth. How the world will look when those pillars fail is anyones guess.

My guess is that increased nationalism, increased trade wars, increased protests is just foreshadowing of what is to come. Foreshadowing of the end of the global peace bubble.

Does anyone else find it ironic that all these anti establishment protests in distinct cities of the world like Quito . and Santiago del Chile coincided with the movie Joker ( Now breaking box office records ) which presents a similar scenario of the working class rising up against the wealthy class and system .

Last edited:
Back