wanting to make some girl friends.....

I am disappointed to see that 99% of the girls here have boyfriends. It s a real shame for us single girls who are looking to have fun and who aren't smug married or living with Argentine boyfriends and having regular sex and not having to go home alone every night. I think single girls need other female friends more than smug marrieds or the like!

I have several Argentine female friends that are single, intelligent, bi-lingual, cultured and they don´t have boyfriends. And many of their friends do not either. They have busy lives and also they have families here. Since they work during the day I do not see them for daytime outings and often weekends get tied up with running errands and visiting family outside of Cap Fed.
I too think it is great that us ladies want to get together for things. I would like to meet new friends and explore more of the city. It is more fun than going it alone all the time.
Keep me posted as to what´s happening. I would love to join in - especially now that the weather is getting nicer and the atmosphere will get lighter and more social in BsAs.
Patt.

Hi
Why are people who are married smug?
A friend is a friend regardless of whether they are in a realtionship.

Girls who frequent girls only hangouts don't have any boyfriends. Sounds pretty logical to me.

I am 25 from NYC/CA/Czech republic. I just moved to BsAs (albeit only for a month) to learn some Spanish.
Would love to be other people to discover and enjoy the city with, so please do keep me in the loop for any future get-togethers.Cheers!Zu

haha -- Alice, sounds like you need a buen p'o.
Perhaps marrieds seem smug because you're cranky single?
With a bit of insight into marriage / relationships between foreigners and locals you'd know that we, just as much as any single, could do with a group of female friends since the hardest circle to crack into here is the girlfriend / wife circle of locals (and often you wouldn't want to crack it anyway...)

Well Syngirl, I have to agree with Alice actually. If you have the need, apart from screwing your boyfriend and watching TV to talk about your boyfriend to other women and exchange notes on your general household issues, I m pretty sure you could join the expats desperate housewife club. They have them in all countries around the world and they talk about relationship issues and baby stuff and how they might have an affaire with their gardner because they never get to see their "busy" husbands/boyfriends so perhaps that is totally your cup of tea? If you don t know one off the top off your head, you can google it, alternatively just ring your embassy and I m sure they are dying to let you people like you join their club!
And perhaps the group should be split between those in relationships and those who are not in relationships because obviously both types of women will want to talk about different things.

Hi
Im in a relationship and don't feel the need to talk about my boyfriend when I am not with him or babies.
Since when did being in a relationship mean that all conversation starts and end with your boyfriend?
Some people actually have a life too.

I think more than anything this conversation here has revealed the neuroses of many of the women on this site. haha and they say the Argentine women are histericas.
ummm since when did my response mean that I wanted to sit and talk about my boyfriend? I've got more interesting things to do then sit around and talk about him -- and I don't even have kids so why would I talk about babies? I just meant that being accepted by the Argentine girl's in his circle of friends takes a long long time, and only a few of them are career-oriented so very few do I find interesting.
Like Joey, I'm in a relationship and don't feel the need to talk about him all the time. I've got my own life going, thanks.
Joey if you want together for a glass of wine and not talk about our boyfriends that would be great. Also I'm hoping AuntieApple is back in town? If you are, drop me a line and lets try and get together finally!

Back