wanting to make some girl friends.....

syngirl, auntieapple is not back from her UK trip yet; give her another 2 weeks or so and hopefully we can all get together with her. The exchange so far is interesting already that I am sure the next coffee, glass of wine ( or glasses) would be loads of fun.

I just arrived in BsAs this week & would love to meet other women. I don't have a boyfriend so I promise I won't even talk about my imaginary one..jeje. I just moved from NYC & am thrilled to be here but always interested in meeting new people.

Message for Syngirl: I have had no trouble making local female friends, I guess it has to do with social skills more than anything. I do think it is a good idea to split the group into two (singles and non-singles). I also think it is people like you who should be paranoid and neurotic. Why? Because single girls like me might want to talk about the Argentines we share the bed with, including those who have "steady" gringa girlfriends. BA simply isn't a city catered for even the most faithful of men. So instead of going for coffee with female friends who have guys too...I would be checking up on your boyfriend's whereabouts. I wouldn t trust any guy here even if I was in a "serious" relationship. Good luck!

Sorry, it's not in my nature to be paranoid.
You really like being the Other Woman, eh? That's a bit of a sad existence -- you're always getting the sloppy seconds??
Well, I hope you have fun doing it for a bit, but it's pretty sad to find going after men that are already involved to be fulfilling in any way shape or form. Maybe you're up for a bit of self-punishment? I feel sorry for you, Funcheat.

There is no reason to feel sorry for me. I m having a lot of fun and if a "serious" relationship is what I m after, I could get it. The people to feel pity for are those stupid women who stay with the boyfriends even though they are unfaithful + the fact that they obviously cannot satisfy their boyfriends- why else look for another woman? Not my problem though and as I said BA is not the city for decent relationships to blossom.

I would like to comment about "the other woman" situation. I met a doctor working in a hospital in BA and although he had a fiance I made it my goal to get him. I succeeded and he finally dumped his fiance who is 8 months pregnant. She has to return to the US because now she does't have any financial support and I am getting married to him in two months. I know a number of other women who managed to steal someone else's boyfriend or husband so before you start feeling sorry for the women having affairs, perhaps you should feel sorry for their girlfriends/wives. BA is indeed an easy city to steal someone else's boyfriend/husband and before you think this is immoral, my answer is; It takes two to tango! If a relationship is rock solid, he won't leave the girl so my advice is to all you single girls, if you like a guy then just go for it and forget about anyone else!

how do these last 2 responses relate to the topic of this thread - Re: wanting to make some girlfriends...

well hi girls, away maybe, but not gone!
how could I resist this thread? and responding to some of the crappest comments I have read for ages on here.
I qualify as a smug married, but fail to see that I go out with girlfriends only to chat about the children and domestic bliss. On the contrary, I go out with my girlfriends to talk about all the wicked things that can not be discussed in the drawing room. Anyone who doubts my words should have a chat with the barmen at the Pilar Sherton, who can testify to my brazen and frequent aftenoons with a couple of girlfriends downing caipiroska's and discussing anything and everthing bar domestic science. Oh, and Just for the record, I am getting shagged frequently and very well thank you very much by my very fit husband.
Quote alice:
"I am disappointed to see that 99% of the girls here have boyfriends. It s a real shame for us single girls who are looking to have fun and who aren't smug married or living with Argentine boyfriends and having regular sex and not having to go home alone every night. I think single girls need other female friends more than smug marrieds or the like"
quote Ieva
"Well Syngirl, I have to agree with Alice actually. If you have the need, apart from screwing your boyfriend and watching TV to talk about your boyfriend to other women and exchange notes on your general household issues, I m pretty sure you could join the expats desperate housewife club. They have them in all countries around the world and they talk about relationship issues and baby stuff and how they might have an affaire with their gardner because they never get to see their "busy" husbands/boyfriends so perhaps that is totally your cup of tea? If you don t know one off the top off your head, you can google it, alternatively just ring your embassy and I m sure they are dying to let you people like you join their club!
And perhaps the group should be split between those in relationships and those who are not in relationships because obviously both types of women will want to talk about different things."
quote funcheat:
"Message for Syngirl: I have had no trouble making local female friends, I guess it has to do with social skills more than anything. I do think it is a good idea to split the group into two (singles and non-singles). I also think it is people like you who should be paranoid and neurotic. Why? Because single girls like me might want to talk about the Argentines we share the bed with, including those who have "steady" gringa girlfriends. BA simply isn't a city catered for even the most faithful of men. So instead of going for coffee with female friends who have guys too...I would be checking up on your boyfriend's whereabouts. I wouldn t trust any guy here even if I was in a "serious" relationship. Good luck! "
and last but not least and the booby prize winner of this thread must go to
not so lucky Luckylucy
Quote:
" would like to comment about "the other woman" situation. I met a doctor working in a hospital in BA and although he had a fiance I made it my goal to get him. I succeeded and he finally dumped his fiance who is 8 months pregnant. She has to return to the US because now she does't have any financial support and I am getting married to him in two months. I know a number of other women who managed to steal someone else's boyfriend or husband so before you start feeling sorry for the women having affairs, perhaps you should feel sorry for their girlfriends/wives. BA is indeed an easy city to steal someone else's boyfriend/husband and before you think this is immoral, my answer is; It takes two to tango! If a relationship is rock solid, he won't leave the girl so my advice is to all you single girls, if you like a guy then just go for it and forget about anyone else! "
now first of all I would like to ask what has being married and smug got anything to do with having single girlfriends?
I being married and very smug! (pathetic), have married girlfriends, single girlfriends, girlfriends with boyfriends and even girlfriends with girlfriends, nympo girlfriends and not-getting-any-at-all-girlfriends, (boys interested in servicing these particular girlfriends do leave a note and statistics), actually I even have a couple of girlfriends that are actually boyfriends dressed up as girlfriends with boyfriends!!!!!!!!!!
so the only problem I can see here with the girls that want to split us into groups is symptomatic of severe pelvis congestion.
while I can not help you with that, do however let me pass on a little word of smug old bat married wisdom to luckylucy,
Years ago I had a dear girlfriend who like yourself felt herself to be very clever at making a deliberate play for men that were seriously nvolved. Often after the man dumped the wife or girlfriend she lost interest in the man. You see, what was really going on was her great need to feel that she was needed. By making someone "choose" and when the choice was her, it made her minute sense of self worth seem a little bigger. All to do with being dumped as a child by those that should have loved her.
Now lucy, I personally should feel very concerned indeed by a man that had "dumped" a girl that was eight months pregnant only to profess his love for you. Its not even as if he was in an old stale unhappy marriage, There is only one word for that...Cad! or Loser. But then again, maybe you and cad boyfriend have the same set of pinciples and therefore are made for each other, so good luck !

I dont think that women going for someone else's boyfriend/husband are necessarily needy or want to raise their self-esteem. It is a fact of life that after a certain age, lets say late twenties, the available men are hard to find and generally losers and the taken ones are the good catches. So why blame LuckyLucy? You also mentioned you had a girlfriend who does the same so why be friends with someone if you criticise their behaviour?

Back