Weird Culinary Experiences

Persicco and Volta are adequate but not remotely close to best in town. If you must have industrial-style chain ice cream, go to Chungo.

I consume Chungo as well, in fact I did last Sunday. I prefer Volta and Persicco over Chungo, but I recognise they are almost at the same level. Freddo used to be good until the Exxel group bought it, now they are passable, but not more.

I consume Chungo as well, in fact I did last Sunday. I prefer Volta and Persicco over Chungo, but I recognise they are almost at the same level. Freddo used to be good until the Exxel group bought it, now they are passable, but not more.

I'll second this. Volta barely edges out chungo for me, but I prefer both to persicco.

Freddo has been in a nose dive in terms of quality, I didn't realize that it had changed ownership.

I'll second this. Volta barely edges out chungo for me, but I prefer both to persicco.

Freddo has been in a nose dive in terms of quality, I didn't realize that it had changed ownership.

Freddo belonged to two brothers, then they had a fight, sold Freddo (very well) and one opened Persicco and the other Volta.

If anyone is in Urquiza I recommend Adaggio, there's one on Olazabal about Ceretti and another on Congreso at about Bucarelli, very good ice cream, I think they're in Saavedra as well right by the park. The other we loved is the one on Arce and Chenaut in Las Canitas, I've blanked on the name at the moment (Veiko?) but we lived kitty corner from it and devoured more than our fair share.

Can anyone recommend good ice cream near Santa Fe and Pueyrredón? None of the chains mentioned in this thread deliver to my house or are close to that intersection, nor have I found good ice cream near me (admittedly I've only tried one place, but haven't seen any others). I'll be over in that area later so I'd like to pick some up to bring home. Higher quality than Freddo, please, but it doesn't have to be the best. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Can anyone recommend good ice cream near Santa Fe and Pueyrredón? None of the chains mentioned in this thread deliver to my house or are close to that intersection, nor have I found good ice cream near me (admittedly I've only tried one place, but haven't seen any others). I'll be over in that area later so I'd like to pick some up to bring home. Higher quality than Freddo, please, but it doesn't have to be the best. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Bianca (Santa Fe 3339) is pretty good. Nice mousse de maracuya in particular. Prices moderate.

Back