Weird Culinary Experiences

Bianca is no good. Panna is better. Try Buffala at the corner of Pueyrredon and Melo (or Gutierrez)...

Bianca is no good. Panna is better. Try Buffala at the corner of Pueyrredon and Melo (or Gutierrez)...

Bianca is fine, though I wouldn't put it in the same echelon with Cadore or Jauja, or perhaps even Chungo. I don't know Panna or Buffala, but I'm more than willing to try them when I return.

Jauja is freddo quality in my opinion. Overhyped and over priced.

Well, I didn't get to eat any ice cream last night. Both of those suggestions were too far away from where I was, but I will keep them in mind for the future. I got home and found a place in Villa Crespo, Las Malvinas, that actually does deliver to my area and had good reviews. I ordered and after an hour and 15 minutes of waiting, I called to see what was up. Oh, the guy rang the bell exactly one building over and no one answered, so he left. Sigh. I thought it was weird when I ordered and they didn't ask for my phone number, but upon hanging up I thought, well, food delivery isn't rocket science and I'm really close to them, so it should be fine. Oh well! I'll try again this weekend.

Jauja is freddo quality in my opinion. Overhyped and over priced.

Jauja is light years ahead of Freddo (which was last good about ten years ago). Jauja makes a diversity of unusual flavors from fresh local products in El Bolsón, such as calafate with sheep's milk. There's also a spectacular mate cocido flavor, and even beer and peanuts. They ship their products directly from Bolsón to BA.

Jauja is light years ahead of Freddo (which was last good about ten years ago). Jauja makes a diversity of unusual flavors from fresh local products in El Bolsón, such as calafate with sheep's milk. There's also a spectacular mate cocido flavor, and even beer and peanuts. They ship their products directly from Bolsón to BA.

Variety is not the same as quality. We're all entitled to different opinions of course; mine is that jauja is too heavy handed with their flavors. Calling them freddo quality may have been harsh, but they're far from the quality of Volta & Chungo.

Variety is not the same as quality. We're all entitled to different opinions of course; mine is that jauja is too heavy handed with their flavors. Calling them freddo quality may have been harsh, but they're fear from the quality of Volta & Chungo.

Chungo is good; Volta is mediocre. Neither of them comes remotely close to Jauja's quality.

As I mentioned in my previous post, you're entitled to have your own stupid incorrect opinions.

You're entitled to look in the mirror when you say that.

I realize that you probably recite your posts in front of a mirror while staring deeply into your own eyes and enjoying a bit of onanistic self gratification, but most of us aren't quite that narcissistic.

Back