Weird Culinary Experiences

I realize that you probably recite your posts in front of a mirror while staring deeply into your own eyes and enjoying a bit of onanistic self gratification, but most of us aren't quite that narcissistic.

Looking into the mirror and actually talking to yourself takes it to the next level. I suggest, instead, that you enjoy a cuarto at Jauja - chocolate profundo, calafate con leche de oveja (could be seasonal), and mate cocido.

And here I thought all the food-related arguing happened over savory items. Is ice cream as divisive as pizza? I crave ice cream a few times each winter, and don't eat it at any other time of year (go figure), so I have next to no knowledge about the best places. Oh, except I do know that Bánova sucks. But my husband and I did go to some place in Palermo a couple months ago that I thought was great. He loves chocolate amargo, so we got that, and it tasted exactly like brownie batter. So not the flavor advertised, but insanely good. It's right by Burger Joint, so I want to say it's at Borges and Costa Rica, right on the corner. Maybe Borges and Nicaragua.

And here I thought all the food-related arguing happened over savory items. Is ice cream as divisive as pizza? I crave ice cream a few times each winter, and don't eat it at any other time of year (go figure), so I have next to no knowledge about the best places. Oh, except I do know that Bánova sucks. But my husband and I did go to some place in Palermo a couple months ago that I thought was great. He loves chocolate amargo, so we got that, and it tasted exactly like brownie batter. So not the flavor advertised, but insanely good. It's right by Burger Joint, so I want to say it's at Borges and Costa Rica, right on the corner. Maybe Borges and Nicaragua.

Best chocolate amargo is at Cadore (Corrientes and Rodríguez Peña).

Back