Welcome To The Dictatorship Of Happiness

Even if we include the surrounding grounds as you say, the CCK is still 5 times larger than the LBJ library. You said the LBJ was larger, and hurled ad-hominems to boot.

The culture centre still had way to many staff. It was mental the number they had when i went for a wee wander round the place in Novemberish

My sister a a union leader, so this is why sometimes I am a few days in advance than newspapers (if they publish it).

They are firing people with 8, 12 years of career and they can do that only after a due process and with a legal cause: 1) he doesn't go to work 2) he is a bad worker because he was sanction several times before, etc.

But, for sure, they cannot fire people because of they political believes or because they didn't voted for them because this is political cleaning/persecution.

They are doing the same than they did at CABA: They dismiss 5, they hire 7 but they are going to be M.

I dont agree with macrist statement, very common in the right wing during the XXth century, that to shrink the state is to make the nation bigger. Not at all, thats a speech of the private sector who wants no intervention in economy, no taxes, regulations, etc. I want a Big State, with presence in every area.

But, it is true that Peronism and Kirchnerism, while their main feature is low unemployment, explained by these positions, there is a very high percentage of nepotism or favoritism.

I wish I had those oportunities, to know someone who can provide me a post in a ministry, like some people I know. I wish I had someone who came to me and said me this is your work, from now on, you have to do this and that, this is your paid. Some friend, some relative, your father, your god father, someone... Unfortunately, this is how people get a job in 95% of the cases here. And in Mexico too.

Anyway, the other day I heard Michetti talking that in lots of ministries there are thousands of these empoyments, not ñoquis, be careful, but people who occupy positions that demand some level of capacity, of competence, I mean, people who are called PLANTA PERMANENTE, who need to update their knowledge constantly, etc, those charges occupied by, for example, some senador's advisor team, not militantes, but people who do not study, etc. Very inefficient.

There s also this technocrat guy in the 90s I can not remember, an orthodox economist, very important, he studied in Chicago University or similar, so when he arrived to the economy ministry, he first noticed there were lots of people who did not work there, ñoquis, but they go just to "figurar", once a week, and they gain lots of money, he said: we must clean all these people, is a spendure, a loss to the State, very inefficient, we must remove all these people. But it was him the one who was removed. Those people he talked about were punteros, they represented millions of votes, votes from very poor classes, votes from PJ. They won the battle, the eternal battle between the politician and the technician.

Dont expect macri to be different from this.

In the presidential debate, Macri used the exact same words as you Matías:

Esto es algo que tenemos que desarrollar en todo el país, igual que hogares protegidos para el tema de trata, tenemos que cuidar a nuestra gente, y se cuida con un Estado presente.

Then again, he also talked about respect for institutions, balance of power and diversity of voices, and those got tossed out the casa rosada window PDQ.

Back