Western Union money transfer

The rate Western union has been paying out has been terrible over the past month. Normally it's one or two pesos off, but it's been more than 8 recently. How do you check their rates?

The rate Western union has been paying out has been terrible over the past month. Normally it's one or two pesos off, but it's been more than 8 recently.
Are you saying the rate has been off in comparison to the blue rate?
The daily WU rate goes more in line with the Contado Con Liquidacion (CCL) buy (compra) rate.
I use this website to check the CCL rate
: https://www.dolarhoy.com/

How do you check their rates?
For WU transfers from the US: https://www.westernunion.com/us/en/web/send-money/start
As of today at 5:00pm: 1.00 USD = 122.9800 Argentine Peso (ARS)

The rate Western union has been paying out has been terrible over the past month. Normally it's one or two pesos off, but it's been more than 8 recently. How do you check their rates?
Off of what rate? It follows the ccl. The ccl has not been as good as the blue for a few months now. It was close this last week though. For a few months it was actually better than the blue rate.

Are you saying the rate has been off in comparison to the blue rate?
The daily WU rate goes more in line with the Contado Con Liquidacion (CCL) buy (compra) rate.
I use this website to check the CCL rate
: https://www.dolarhoy.com/

How do you check their rates?
For WU transfers from the US: https://www.westernunion.com/us/en/web/send-money/start
As of today at 5:00pm: 1.00 USD = 122.9800 Argentine Peso (ARS)

I am looking at the blue rate for today on Dolar Hoy and it's at 128...so WU is taking 5 pesos off the exchange in addition to their fee. I'm actually sending from Canada, and the last time I tried to send money they were taking 12 pesos off each Canadian dollar, which should have been at 99 pesos...now, before there have been lot's of times they were spot on the exchange, or maybe one peso lower, or even one peso higher. But 12? I don't really understand why this is the case. I'm trying to think of alternative ways to send money here.

I am looking at the blue rate for today on Dolar Hoy and it's at 128...so WU is taking 5 pesos off the exchange in addition to their fee. I'm actually sending from Canada, and the last time I tried to send money they were taking 12 pesos off each Canadian dollar, which should have been at 99 pesos...now, before there have been lot's of times they were spot on the exchange, or maybe one peso lower, or even one peso higher. But 12? I don't really understand why this is the case. I'm trying to think of alternative ways to send money here.
In CAD$ is another story. I suggest you send a PM to our Canadian forum member, Neil, re: alternative ways to receive money here.

In CAD$ is another story. I suggest you send a PM to our Canadian forum member, Neil, re: alternative ways to receive money here.
actually it is exactly the same - if you apply the exchange rate between US and canadian dollar, WU rate for canadian is on par with WU rate for US. I think the poster doesn't understand the CCL concept, he keeps comparing the rate against the blue. I did the transfers half a dozen times since last october and always checked the rate of US to Can on the day of the transfer and WU rate was bang on

1596842862409.png
1596842939086.png1596842862409.png1596842939086.png
1596842997222.png
122.98:91.85=1.3389( 1.34 )

CCL is 126.56, but was around 124 yesterday, WU is lagging a day behind, so both US and Canadian are about a penny'n a half below CCL and that's how it's always been since October

Andrew, I still recommend: send a PM to our Canadian forum member, Neil, re: alternative ways to receive pesos here from Canada.

The blue rate is typically for physical notes, so unless you are shipping them here you wont be getting that rate.

Back