Western Union money transfer

You may have read that wrong and out of context. I'll rephrase: since I don't have an issue with picking up money in person at WU, I will never do a transfer to my bank which requires giving up my username and password.
If I understand correctly, WU is asking for the username and password of the sender's bank in the US, not the username and passowrd of the recipient's bank, so what difference would it make if you send the funds directly to your Argentine bank or pick up the funds in person in Argentina?

If I understand correctly, WU is asking for the username and password of the sender's bank in the US, not the username and passowrd of the recipient's bank, so what difference would it make if you send the funds directly to your Argentine bank or pick up the funds in person in Argentina?

I only send money by debit card option so that doesn't apply.

I only send money by debit card option so that doesn't apply.
Ahha! That explains why some WU senders (those who only use a debit card) have never been asked for their US bank account information!

Still, is there a specific reason why you don't send the funds directly to your Argentina bank, but (apparently) deposit (at last a portion of them) in person?

Ahha! That explains why some WU senders (those who only use a debit card) have never been asked for their US bank account information!

Still, is there a specific reason why you don't send the funds directly to your Argentina bank, but (apparently) deposit (at last a portion of them) in person?

When I saw the time-frame of up to 4 days to complete a bank transfer I decided not to do it. Sometimes I forget to send more pesos until I'm already out of pesos. That steak is not going to wait 4 days potentially lol. I also want the bank account to save money per say but rather as an emergency source with money that I could access with a debit card. I had to cut my patagonia trip short by 4 days because I ran out of pesos and it was impossible to get money from WU both calafate and chalten. I originally was planning on paying hotels with US credit until I remembered that the oficial blue rate stuff effects the hotels as well. So I was paying everything in cash but I didn't budget for the hotels or hiking stuff. In the end I was faced with the choice of paying for stuff with my US card or just leaving early. I chose to leave early.

So I'll just make sure I always have an account with a few hundred thousand pesos in it and a debit card and try to avoid this happening again.

After a few transfers you will qualify for next day delivery to your bank account. If you transfer in the morning they will be there next day.

After a few transfers you will qualify for next day delivery to your bank account. If you transfer in the morning they will be there next day.
Recently, every WU transfer I've initiated early in the morning using my debit card has been credited to my Santander Rio account the same day, usually just before 6 pm.

Recently, every WU transfer I've initiated early in the morning using my debit card has been credited to my Santander Rio account the same day, usually just before 6 pm.
Even better. I've personally never had one faster than the next day with bbva.

Back