Western Union money transfer

Western Union vs Remitly

I just did a calculation, (watch out), and if you send money to yourself using Remitly, cash pick up, using your bank account for payment (could be 4-day delivery) compared to using WU, debit card, or bank account for payment ..sending $1000, what no one seems to realize in any of the Gringo groups....you net a few MORE dollars with Remitly. (as of 2:35 PM Dec 4) (I think doing it for immediate delivery via debit card is also better)

Anyone used AirTm before? Just did a simulation on their platform and it looks like a similar (slightly lower) rate to WU also available for deposit into your local bank account in ARS...

Last edited:
Anyone used AirTm before? Just did a simulation on their platform and it looks like a similar (slightly lower) rate to WU also available for deposit into your local bank account in ARS...

i have it's a massive pain in the ass and they do charge you fees for withdrawing etc. IMO it's not worth the trouble.

i have it's a massive pain in the ass and they do charge you fees for withdrawing etc. IMO it's not worth the trouble.

I haven't used it, but I looked at it as an option and I concur; best to be avoided if at all possible, it's a giant cash grab. Western Union is the way to go.

y, el saldo resultante es depositado en la cuenta en dólares digitales del ahorrista, la cual se encuentra en la nube.

AirTm headquaters in Mill Valley, CA according to FinCEN registration papers.

1641325700159.png

Is there an annual limit for transfers? I'm near 6k
I once received a message sending to my wife's account that I had reached the monthly limit for that recipient. That was US$ 3000. It was around June, 2021, I think.

Back