Western Union money transfer

I didn't need pesos, but I got some cash at WU anyways 229.8 today. I'm just guessing the exchange rate might dip a little so better now than in a week. Thanks to Steven for the promo code!

Thanks to Steven for the promo code!
Actually, thanks go to Cordoba for the promo code (for both of them so far)!

I just relayed the info.

And thanks to Quilombo for the heads up about the expected rate drop this afternoon.

I made a transfer of $250 at 1 pm today (instead of next Monday as planned) and got $229.80.

That sort of "makes up" for the transfer I made on the 17th at $207.00

Last edited:
Hi All…
Sincere apologies for potentially duplicating info , but I didn’t see where this info was located in the previous posts ….
Can anyone tell me the promo code to be able to use for WU ?and does the promo code bring down the fee or make it free . Again, apologies for the question.. I have never done this before .. And also… how long is this promo code valid for …. as I will need to get money on Monday, and won’t go before then to a location. …
Thanks immensely

The code is DIGITAL0FEE (with a zero, not the letter O).

And, as the code indicates, the fee is zero.

Not sure when it will expire.

Cordoba has posted both recent codes which can be found on the WU website.

The thing I found with the code was odd.

I did a lot of transactions with debit card, but the card expired and the new one didn't arrive. (I finally got a replacement much later, after a 5-week transit time from USA to AR, but that's a different story.)

Anyhow, when I changed from using debit card to pulling directly from checking account, and tried to use the code, the transaction was stuck in limbo forever. I deleted it and tried again, with same result. Finally, I deleted the second attempt, and made a third without the code, and that went right through, albeit with a 4-day delay. I mean, the transaction was approved, but it said I couldn't pick up the money for four days, as opposed to the first two which just said pending approval or something like that.

Then, after having paid the fee once, all subsequent transactions directly from checking account not only accepted the code, but were available for immediate pickup, without the wait.

It was like they insisted I had to pay the fee once from a new source of funds, before I could use the promo code.

As always, YMMV, your mileage may vary. WU is not always consistent. We have established earlier in this thread that some of us are charged higher fees than others, (absent the code), even when all factors seem to be the same.

Back