Western Union money transfer

Yesterday and today, the main WU office on Cordoba has been a total CharlieFoxtrot. I got there late yesterday, almost 10:30am, and the line was out the door, and around the corner. I looked in the window and the lobby was packed tight, no vestige of the vaunted "social distancing, so I muttered unprintable things to myself and went home. This morning I went back to try again. I arrived at 9:07, a mere seven minutes after they opened, and it was already packed to the door, with no space between people. I decided to tough it out, although I had my first class scheduled at 10:30. I got to a window in about 25 minutes, only to find they had no bills larger than 200 pesos.

So for my 200 USD, I was paid with 200 pieces of paper worth a dollar each. Walking home with two big bulging bundles of cash under my shirt made me a bit nervous, but what can a man do?

The young lady I spoke to at the teller window said that yesterday at noon the line was out the door, around the corner, all the way down the block on Cordoba, and around the next corner onto Paraná.

So, the moral of this story would appear to be, stock up on cash at the very end of the month, and stay the hell away from the WU office for the first 5 days of the new month.

A surly, bad-tempered over and out from your favorite marsupial.

Yesterday and today, the main WU office on Cordoba has been a total CharlieFoxtrot. I got there late yesterday, almost 10:30am, and the line was out the door, and around the corner. I looked in the window and the lobby was packed tight, no vestige of the vaunted "social distancing, so I muttered unprintable things to myself and went home. This morning I went back to try again. I arrived at 9:07, a mere seven minutes after they opened, and it was already packed to the door, with no space between people. I decided to tough it out, although I had my first class scheduled at 10:30. I got to a window in about 25 minutes, only to find they had no bills larger than 200 pesos.

So for my 200 USD, I was paid with 200 pieces of paper worth a dollar each. Walking home with two big bulging bundles of cash under my shirt made me a bit nervous, but what can a man do?

The young lady I spoke to at the teller window said that yesterday at noon the line was out the door, around the corner, all the way down the block on Cordoba, and around the next corner onto Paraná.

So, the moral of this story would appear to be, stock up on cash at the very end of the month, and stay the hell away from the WU office for the first 5 days of the new month.

A surly, bad-tempered over and out from your favorite marsupial.
Why didn't you take a backpack? P.S... you can now take the small bills and go to a strip club! If there were strip clubs!! Dammit why are there no strip clubs here??!!

I might be off topic a bit lol

Reactions: Moe
Yesterday and today, the main WU office on Cordoba has been a total CharlieFoxtrot.
Can confirm, am currently writing this from the line stretching down Montevideo.

Went to the WU near my apt in Microcentro and three times they didn't have anything, with the cashier showing me his pitiful $7,500 that the entire local had.

I messaged Pago Facil last night about locations struggling to have cash and that the solution can't always be coming to the casa central; how can they offer the up to 70K cashback for Santander clients if they only have 7,500 pesos? Why not order extra cash in a country with 51% and bills worth only $5? This was their response:

Estimado, buen dia.

Le brindamos una disculpa por los inconvenientes, en este caso le recomendamos asistir a las agencias dentro de un Walmart, Chango mas, Shopping y Carrefour para no poder tener estos tipos de problemas.

Cualquier consulta, no dude en comunicarse a nuestro centro de atención al cliente.

Saludos cordiales

A very Argentine response. I expect nothing yet I'm still disappointed 🙃

Can confirm, am currently writing this from the line stretching down Montevideo.

Went to the WU near my apt in Microcentro and three times they didn't have anything, with the cashier showing me his pitiful $7,500 that the entire local had.

I messaged Pago Facil last night about locations struggling to have cash and that the solution can't always be coming to the casa central; how can they offer the up to 70K cashback for Santander clients if they only have 7,500 pesos? Why not order extra cash in a country with 51% and bills worth only $5? This was their response:

Estimado, buen dia.

Le brindamos una disculpa por los inconvenientes, en este caso le recomendamos asistir a las agencias dentro de un Walmart, Chango mas, Shopping y Carrefour para no poder tener estos tipos de problemas.

Cualquier consulta, no dude en comunicarse a nuestro centro de atención al cliente.

Saludos cordiales

A very Argentine response. I expect nothing yet I'm still disappointed 🙃

Translation from what they said to what they really mean -

Boludo, buen dia.

Nos chupa un huevo tus inconvenientes, si no te gusta, que regreses a yanquilandia para no tener estos tipos de problemas.

Cualquier consulta, no dude en andarte a la c***** de tu hermana.

Saludos cordiales

My last few trips to WU Avenida Cordoba have been a disaster as well apart from one day when I went around 16:30 and found it empty, however I put that down to lady luck being on my side.

There is one woman that seems to have it in for me (typically at window number 6) that refuses to give me any note above 200 pesos even though I can see others receiving 500 and 1000 notes (albeit the latter is like gold dust now..).

i was able to use the promo code DIGITAL0FEE one time many months ago..from then on when i make a transfer, that line for promo code its written reward points and when i try to enter nothing happens...no reduction in fee. i now have 160 reward points susposedly.....i hope this makes sense to someone as i sure dont understand why i cant use the promo code and dont know what to do with these reward points

Back