Western Union money transfer

That's a lot of pesos and maybe raises a red flag or they're just short of pesos? A thousand dollars is around 310,000 pesos
Well, that sucks!!! We are buying apartments and need to pay the down payment.
We have been here for only 3 weeks since 2018, oh man, it's hard!!! Everything is hard here!!!

If the info helps, just set up a WU bank to bank transfer - all data/info well established over time. Went through with ease. Promo code discount applied.

Thank you. WU just went from 301.50 to 300. 33.
It's likely that the pesos will rise a bit if they are annoucing some plan..
with no plan downfall can only happen,
I do wonder though, what if the country is actually going bankrupt what will happen.

I'm pretty sure western union is trading in the CCL in order to change currencies. I don't think anyone here has confirmed that but since the two rates track each other so closely it makes sense.

If WU cant use the CCL... then what?

Revenue 5.6 Billion USD (2018)

I don't think a corporation that size gives a flying **** what the government of Argentina thinks, does, or says. Corp-rats like that operate on an economic level so far above ours that it's difficult for us to imagine. WU doesn't use the CCL, WU is the CCL.

I don't think a corporation that size gives a flying **** what the government of Argentina thinks, does, or says. Corp-rats like that operate on an economic level so far above ours that it's difficult for us to imagine. WU doesn't use the CCL, WU is the CCL.
Reassuring, as long they can find other ways to get pesos for me I'm alright.

Remember western union bought pago fácil argentina in 2006. Not sure what the limits are for repatriation of funds from pagofacil, but WU exchange business may be a convenient way of exchanging pesos (from pagofacil) here for funds outside of Argentina for the overall company.

Remember western union bought pago fácil argentina in 2006. Not sure what the limits are for repatriation of funds from pagofacil, but WU exchange business may be a convenient way of exchanging pesos (from pagofacil) here for funds outside of Argentina for the overall company.
This is a really good point... It's essentially repatriation of funds from Arg back to the USA. If theory is correct someone at wu is an absolute genius.

Back