Western Union money transfer

From AFIP or the UFI?

AFIP is taxes, and UFI is money laundering.

A cautionary tale for very large transfers, probably best to do the bank to bank USD transfer from abroad.
That would be at the official rate though.

That would be at the official rate though.
Nope, USD abroad to USD account based transfers in Argentina are permitted, provided it is not the result of profits obtained from the payment of goods or services for export, which must be pesified at the BCRA exchange rate within 5 days of payment. There is a fee for it, but you can learn more about how you go about it here: https://www.santander.com.ar/banco/...ditar-una-orden-de-pago-recibida-en-tu-cuenta (Other banks have this option too, this is Santander's write up)

Nope, USD abroad to USD account based transfers in Argentina are permitted, provided it is not the result of profits obtained from the payment of goods or services for export, which must be pesified at the BCRA exchange rate within 5 days of payment. There is a fee for it, but you can learn more about how you go about it here: https://www.santander.com.ar/banco/...ditar-una-orden-de-pago-recibida-en-tu-cuenta (Other banks have this option too, this is Santander's write up)
I agree with that but add that probably most reading this (and those who receive funds) not only don't have dollar accounts here but want to keep as low a profile as possible from AFIP. Thanks for the info.

i don't know what . is going on but the exchange rates are going through the roof 330 as of 7:30 am..
It actually starts to scare me, cause this is not a good sign... we jumped 15% in a week +-

i don't know what . is going on but the exchange rates are going through the roof 330 as of 7:30 am..
It actually starts to scare me, cause this is not a good sign... we jumped 15% in a week +-
Just checked at 12:10pm. The exchange rate is $ 322.

Oh, we ain't seen nothing yet. This is just the cartoon before the main feature begins. Things will get much worse before they start to get better, but expect a dead cat bounce before the true bottom.

Back