What A Moto Robbery Looks Like

WTF...i'm watching the interviews with the chorro, and the recent eruption of media on FB is making this guy into some kind of hero and ridiculing the victim.
What the hell is wrong with people here?!?!?! Comments I read about the issue are defending this a$$hole.

Well, the victim is an idiot and reality is that this criminal is having issues because he forgave him his life in a context where criminals kill first and robb later.

He confessed that the gun was real and loaded.

The sad true is that we need more criminals like him, professionals who avoid blood, like it used to be.

Well, the victim is an idiot and reality is that this criminal is having issues because he forgave him his life in a context where criminals kill first and robb later.

The sad true is that we need more criminals like him, professionals who avoid blood, like it used to be.

So, it's the victim's fault?

Take a scenic and relaxing trip through the city of Bueons Aires, the Paris of the south. Feel the clean air mingle with your hair as you cycle the historic streets of the city, complete with stops at key spots in the storied past of the Argentine people. See Buenos Aires at its best, see the Tango, the passion, get robbed and gunpoint by a dirtbag on a scooter, and stop for a spot of lunch.

Let me repeat the frequent refrain on this website "No more dangerous than other big cities". ja ja ja

Can anyone tell me in layman terms the exact reason behind the robber guy not being arrested?

Because there is NO rule of law in Argentina. Because this is Cristina's "model" for "justice". Why ask silly questions? People keep voting for the same party, the same politicians. It just gets worse.

I used to think the police were inefficient... but Argentina's bigger problem are the courts and judges. How many times do they have to catch this guy red-handed? There needs to be a heavier hand when it comes to violent crimes (and pulling a gun on somebody, real or fake, is violent.)

Heavier hand? You are obviously an oligarch, reactionary, fascist, anti-peronista, militarist, golpista and pro USAer. Shame on you.

After watching the video a second time I felt some pity for Gaston, the criminal. Look at his body language. He covers his mouth with his hand throughout the interview in an attempt to hide missing front teeth. He feels ashamed at his apparance. He is poor and ignorant. Very low self esteem. He has grown up in a corrupt society that has abandoned whatever morals it once claimed to have. If he sees anything but bad models I'd be surprised. The people who run this country do not care about education, job training or helping people get out of poverty. Instead they support all sorts of degradation. Better to keep the poor poor and dependent and to allow them to rob and kill with virtual impunity. How csn twisted values like these not have a fallout effect? Gaston committed a crime but the bigger crimes are being committed by leaders who talk of so-called justice that is not justice at all, who never attempt to get at the roots of social problems, who think only of themselves. The Canadian comes from an entirely different culture with different assumptions and expectations. He has no idea what Argentine society is like. I agree that he should have reported the crime and I suspect that Gaston is right that the Canadian took pleasure in uploading the video. Nevertheless, what Gaston did was wrong. He admits it and I believe that he is not being insincere. The problem is that he was raised in a culture in which this is commonplace and so ingrained that it only gets attention in.situations like this.

I can't quite tell if you are being satiric. It's mostly the part where you seem to be saying that because the victim is an idiot and the thief didn't kill the idiot, that the idiot should not have posted the video on the internet, thereby "ruining" the thief's life.

Because I, personally, have no sympathy for the thief's plight. I would have loaded the video. I'm not sure why he didn't stay and make a complaint, but he just had his life threatened and he may have been assured that the guy would be taken care of after the judge saw the video, and the dude just wanted to clear out of Argentina and put some distance between himself and what was probably not a great experience for him.

I have to ask if you have ever been confronted by a life-threatening experience, brought on to you by another person who, given the actions you are facing, may not seem to even be quite human? (after all, how the hell can someone who calls himself/herself human threaten to kill someone over a f***ing backpack?) Have you ever understood, first-hand, what it means being under someone else's control to the extent that the other person can actually decide whether you live or die and there is a moment when you really don't know if this could be the last breathe you draw?

I have, twice in my life. It's no small thing. I've never been raped, but I must feel something similar about those two events that happened to me.

That tourist may not have thought at the time, he may have been an idiot because he was cycling through a place in daylight with a group of people and unaware of what was likely to happen to him, singled out of the pack like a gazelle stalked by a leopard. But I can guarantee you that if not in the moment, then afterward, that dude was sh**ting his pants with reaction over what happened. I'm betting the thief never once considered what it must feel like for someone else to be on the receiving end of having a gun pointed at him when he tried to rob that tourist. I only doubt he's an actual animal because he didn't kill the tourist, but that doesn't make him pitiable.

Maybe didn't have any intention of killing the guy. But the Canadian didn't know that, and we don't either.

And Sergio, in the interview he started off shy and a little avergonzado, but he also sure picked up when he started feeling sorry for himself, seemed to me. He was kicked back in that chair, the hand was moving away from covering the mouth to little waving, almost dismissing, motions as he went on the offensive about the Canadian's motivations for publishing that video. By the end he looked to me like the canary who'd just eaten Ricky Ricardo while singing Babaloo...

I do not justify the crime. It was reprehensible. What I tried to say was that this guy's character was formed by the society. It's a society that has few values anymore, that accepts no responsibility. I don't expect Gaston to fully understand that what he did was wrong. can you imagine how he was raised? This sort of behavior is the result of corruption and a loss of values.

As for this:

Have you ever understood, first-hand, what it means being under someone else's control to the extent that the other person can actually decide whether you live or die and there is a moment when you really don't know if this could be the last breathe you draw?

Yes, I was attacked, robbed and knocked unconscious in San Jose de Costa Rica. I was not too badly hurt though. The next day I filed a report with the police. NO EXCUSE FOR THE CANADIAN'S FAILURE DO THE SAME. I had a far worse experience.

I do not justify the crime. It was reprehensible. What I tried to say was that this guy's character was formed by the society. It's a society that has few values anymore, that accepts no responsibility. I don't expect Gaston to fully understand that what he did was wrong. can you imagine how he was raised? This sort of behavior is the result of corruption and a loss of values.

As for this:

Have you ever understood, first-hand, what it means being under someone else's control to the extent that the other person can actually decide whether you live or die and there is a moment when you really don't know if this could be the last breathe you draw?

Yes, I was attacked, robbed and knocked unconscious in San Jose de Costa Rica. I was not too badly hurt though. The next day I filed a report with the police. NO EXCUSE FOR THE CANADIAN'S FAILURE DO THE SAME. I had a far worse experience.

Sergio you are very eloquent on this subject. The Canadians are idiots on so many levels.

Even if he didn't have a gun there is no excuse for trying to rob someone else's possession, no matter your circumstance. There is starting to be a ripple of sympathy for this guy, I am guessing this will turn into a wave and next year he will be dancing on Showmatch. ;)

Back