What Are You Watching On Netflix? Was It Any Good?

The British Gordon Ramsay cooking shows, kitchen nightmares uk (skip the us version as its shite) and Ramsay's best restaurant.

not Netflix but the new South Park episodes are surprisingly good! Not all of them, but most, and they have some sense of continuity which is very refreshing. Ya Ya Ya!
I'm also watching All in the Family again and have made a game of counting each time Archie says something that would end any actor's career these days.

I saw a really scary Korean movie last evening "Bedevilled" on US Netflix.

Had goose bumps watching it.

I subscribed to Acorn TV (http://acorn.tv/featured), which has a lot of BBC series and the like. I've enjoyed a very dark Irish mystery series called "Single-Handed."

Just finished watching "el tiempo entre costuras". It's a Spanish drama based on a book by the same name. It's about a Spanish seamstress that works as a British spy during the civil war and ww2. Absolutely amazing, just one season. I watched it in 2 weeks

I've been watching Wentworth which is a remake of the old prison soap Prisoner Cell Block H. Its entertaining enough.

Boardwalk Empire if like a little history with your soap.

Cautiously recommend "Love/Hate" , an Irish series about drug gangs in inner city Dublin. I'm not sure how well it will travel outside of EI/Uk but I liked it.

5 seasons available, quality picks up in each one. Well received locally and rumours of a US remake are abound. 2nd series features Aiden Gillen (Mayor Carcetti/Little Finger) doing his best Dublin gangster routine, albeit with a slightly dodgy inner city accent.

Fairly gritty. You have been warned.

Back