What Do You Tell Immigrations Upon Entering The Country?

OK... I fly American Airlines (and once I flew on Continental).

Don't know about the others.

Well Napoleon you are a winner a lucky fellow;

Previously posted

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]A few months ago I was returning from the US on the return postion of a round trip ticket originating in Buenos Aires. The American Airlines employee who checked me in insisted that I had a ONE WAY ticket (as there was no return ticket to the US). Before he would allow me to check in the employee insisted that I PROVE that I had legal residence in Argentina. Fortunately I had my DNI on me. The employee entered my DNI number and information into the computer system. I found it disturbing that I had to present a foreign document to LEAVE my own country. This was the first time I have had an incident like this in many years of trips to and from Argentina/US. [/background]

several previous threads dealt with the problems experienced by travelers that were not allowed to board a flight with a One Way ticket? I may have dream t it then :cool:
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]t. [/background]

We're not talking about boarding the flight at all. We're talking about immigration once you actually are in Argentina.

I've been hassled several times by AIRLINE employees when flying to Argentina on one way tickets or, more commonly, on the return leg of round trip tickets originating in Argentina, I always just remind them that they are not immigration officials and that Argentina never has caused problems for me and the result is that I've never been prevented from flying.

We're not talking about boarding the flight at all. We're talking about immigration once you actually are in Argentina.

True, if you are not allowed to board then you have NO immigration problem here :cool:

I always carry my DNI when I travel.Better safe than sorry.In 36 years of residency I have been asked for it more often than not.Besides flying back to B.A. from the U.S.,in the last 5 years I have been specifically asked for it coming back from Costa Rica,Colombia,Peru,Brazil and Chile.

The first time we came to Argentina for more than 90 days, we were asked in the US airport before boarding to show proof that we were allowed to stay more than the length of a typical tourist visa. The airline employee (I think it was Delta) said that they were fined if they allowed anyone to land in Argentina without a return ticket within the 90 day period (unless they had residency status). Why not just buy a one-way, fully refundable ticket within your 90 day window? Then, whether you are asked or not, in the US or BA, you are covered. Once you are in Argentina, cash in that refundable ticket!

Back