What is wrong with these people!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assault Rifle:
A fully automatic rifle that uses an intermediate cartridge and a detachable magazine. Assault rifles are the standard infantry weapons in most modern armies. Assault rifles are categorized in between light machine guns, which are intended more for sustained automatic fire in a light support role, and submachine guns, which fire a pistol cartridge rather than a rifle cartridge.

Second Amendment Note:
In order to promote fear, the term “assault rifle” is often used by the anti-gun crowd as a label for rifles that do not fall into this category. A semi-automatic rifle, by definition, is NOT an assault rifle. The term "assault rifle" has nothing to do with the appearance of a rifle. Don’t be fooled!

Saw the movie tonight. Happy to report that the only people who died were on screen.

hannstew said:
There are no good or bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a decent person is no threat to anybody EXCEPT bad people...

Rember that the 1st thing Adolph Hitler did was disarm his citizens.
Wow. Comments like this I just shake my head.

Do you also agree with a quote I read, from a US congressman I think: "It does make me wonder, you know, with all those people in the theatre, was there nobody that was carrying."

Yep, I could see that a shoot out within a darkened, enclosed space would definitely have saved lives. :eek:

You do know that the second amendment was referred to guns in the hands of "a well regulated Militia", not random idiots with an inferiority complex?

I mean, seriously, don't these stats concerns you at all??

nationmaster.com/graph/cri_gun_vio_hom_ove_hom_rat_per_100_pop-rate-per-100-000-pop

nationmaster.com/graph/cri_mur_com_by_you-crime-murders-committed-by-youths

US keeping some pretty scary company at their numbers.

steveinbsas said:
If I could I would move to Switzerland.

They have trustworthy banks and all citizens are required by law to be armed with (at the least) semi automatic weapons.
One key fact you chose to leave out in this instance:

"The vast majority of men between the ages of 20 and 30 are conscripted into the militia and undergo military training, including weapons training. Due to this fact, the personal weapons of the militia are kept at home as part of the military obligations."
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Switzerland

I'm guessing that would fall under the area of "well regulated Militia" as per the second amendment?

Oh, and this, same Wiki article:

"In October 2007, the Swiss Federal Council decided that the distribution of ammunition to soldiers shall stop and that all previously issued ammo shall be returned. By March 2011, more than 99% of the ammo has been received. Only special rapid deployment units and the military police still have ammunition stored at home today."

US--> 88.8 firearms per 100 people; 2.97 homicides by firearms per 100,000
Argentina--> 10.2 firearms per 100 people; 3.02 homicides by firearms per 100,000

Again, focusing on the means doesn't solve the problem of the sick mind. Doesn't begin to adress the issue. And choses to ignore it completely.

It is a very common misguided reaction, unfortunately.

I've had a gun to my head. I was able to focus my concerns on the guy holding it.

People kill people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back