What is wrong with these people!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish there was an European expat site......would fit me better i think!
Amazing the amount of wannabe messias guys in this forum!
America, the greatest and most war horny nation the last 70 years! But in this forum there are only the good ones......try to mention black, or poor, or junk killer movie or whatever, straight away u have a crowd attacking u! Makes me sick these pseudo liberal hippies, high on dope, gas, prosac or whatever! Before you try to discriminate other people here, try to solve one of the biggest problems in this world: the imperialism and greed of the nation called AMERICA!

TERKILD said:
Makes me sick these pseudo liberal hippies, high on dope, gas, prosac or whatever! Before you try to discriminate other people here, try to solve one of the biggest problems in this world: the imperialism and greed of the nation called AMERICA!
It's PROZAC dumb ass!

TERKILD said:
Wish there was an European expat site......would fit me better i think!
Amazing the amount of wannabe messias guys in this forum!
America, the greatest and most war horny nation the last 70 years!

Right, because Europe has a long history of pacifism, non-intervention and just plain love for humanity, right? :rolleyes:

I am not American and I am very critical of the current US foreign policy. However, it seems that many people, including Europeans, like to single out the US and they forget that the good old continent has, until very recently in historical terms, been a hotbed of depravity, war, genocide, slavery and colonialism. Yes, America has been a war horny nation over the last 70 years. Europa has been war horny for how long? The last 3000 thousand years or so? There is still people alive today who can remember when the so cult and civilized Europeans were casually using Zyklon-B on millions of Jews. So please spare us of this "European righteousness" of yours. I am all for criticizing bad foreign policy. But the kind of generalizations and cultural attacks you make just cause you too loose credibility here.

camberiu said:
So far I saw no evidence that the accused had any economic constrains that prevented him from receiving treatment for a possible mental illness. He was from an upper middle class family and was getting a PhD in Neurosciences at CU Denver. So we are not talking about someone from the "excluded masses" here.

Fair enough. I didn't know that detail, and didn't assume that in his case it was because he had no access. I was speaking generally. (I am definitely not trying to start a healthcare debate!) But I do think stigma and lack of awareness surrounding mental health issues are a problem in general in the U.S. no matter a person's financial standing. And I definitely think that mental illness is the issue here, not gun control. I think we can put gun control and healthcare in with abortion in terms of the stuff there is no point in arguing about, because no one is going to change anyone's mind. Yet everyone will keep trying until the cows come home. :eek:

TERKILD said:
This is the problem: The Americans and the Zionist lobby, like to have people focusing on the past and the cruelty of the nazis etc!
That way they can manage to justify all the bloody war and agression that have been going on and are to come (Israel/Iran etc).

Again, you keep ignoring recent events and singling out the USA. Yes, the US has done several unjustifiable wars of aggression over the last century or so. No one in their right mind can argue against that. But Europeans seems to like to throw stones at others, forgetting that their own ceiling is made of glass.
How about Libya? The war of aggression against Libya (under the humanitarian flag) was an European act to address the economic interest of companies such as Total, Eni, Royal Dutch Shell, Repsol and BP. The US was dragged kicking and scream into an European war for oil in North Africa. How is that for a change? The funny thing is that the many of the so "anti-war" Europeans became unusually quiet when it was time to protect their sources of oil.

So again, I see no reason for those generalizations of "war loving Americans" vs. "Civilized peace loving Europeans" since that just does not hold up to any scrutiny.

Don said:
I can agree with that. It is fair to assume the guy is probably batshit crazy. Can this kind of madness be screened and detected in advance? I have no idea. However, I agree that the issue has nothing to do with guns, video-games, media or a supposedly American warmongering culture.

This is a direct quote from the BBC News in their report on this awful tragedy:

Gun purchases
In the 60 days leading up to the cinema attack, Mr Holmes legally bought four weapons at local gun shops - an AR-15 semi-automatic rifle, two .40-calibre Glock handguns and a 12-gauge Remington shotgun.
Chief Dan Oates of Aurora police said he also purchased more than 6,000 rounds of ammunition on the internet, including 3,000 rounds for the assault rifle, 3,000 for the Glocks and 300 for the shotgun.

I have to ask: would this not be considered as suspicious activity?
Is there no control?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back