What To Wear Day To Day!!

Samra2

Registered
To all the girlfriends out there!

Im coming to BA in december and im wornering what to pack? aside from tango clothes.
is it acceptable for women to walk around during the day wearing a mini skirt for example? or a tight top? crop top?shorts? "revealing"stuff like that :wub:

i know i can probably wear anything but i mean is it unsafe or not recommended? is there a lot of harassment on the streets?
do girls usually dress in heels during the day too? Im coming from Lebanon and girls are very stylish here but i just want to make sure i'm realistic about my packing :) i dont want to stand out too much from the locals.

see attachment for example..
any help is appreciated!

Hazar

I would strongly recommend against wearing heels on day to day basis. The sidewalks are often uneven, unpaved, or half-destroyed. Also cobble stones >.<. There's a great variety of what people would wear on the street. Most Argentines I know don't really dress up. I think it's ok to wear a mini skirt or a crop top, but you will get hollered at. The street harassment exists, but I wouldn't say it's worse than anywhere else.

I'd recommend packing comfortable clothes. Remember, it's hot and humid here in December.

Good luck! Hope this helps.

The fellows think it is more than acceptable to walk around like that (!), but personally I would feel very uncomfortable. There is a lot of harassment in the streets. It is usually not threatening in nature, but you will get constant commentary -- mostly from the kind of guys who drink and smoke joints on the sidewalk all day while futilely practicing their piropos.

Personally, I only wear something a little provocative if I am going and coming in a taxi or getting dropped off and picked up door to door by my date. Wearing small heels is an exercise in masochism because the sidewalks are broken in much of the city -- you could break a heel or even an ankle unless you take extra care to constantly look down while walking. In the summer, simple sandles are most common, and other times nice comfortable walking shoes, and a pair of boots for the torrential rains comes in handy too.

I wore heels all the time when I lived in Cap Fed so if you like them and want to wear them, nothing is stopping you.

As for the outfit you posted - sure, you could wear it but you'll be hearing a lot of comments from men and getting a lot of looks from women. Just the way it is. People here generally don't get dressed up. You rarely see women in dresses to go out for example. Most common, if you're younger, jeans and a cute top.

Love the Argentine men...... When a hot girl walks by they actually think that they can get them. Only in their dreams...........

You can wear anything, you will see people in all sorts of dress here. Most people avoid heels if they're walking around a lot because as stated before the sidewalks can be a disaster, loose tiles, broken tiles, cobblestone are all very common. Also the city gets very slick when it rains, which it does a lot of in the summer. If you wear something very revealing during the day you will get comments on the street, mostly easy to ignore but sometimes more, if you wear it at night out somewhere you will find more people also dressed like that. Although to be fair you can get comments on the street wearing a paper bag, some guys just do not discriminate! :)

Argentina is a Latín American country, not a strict Muslim state. Plenty of girls dress like putas here. ;) You'll be fine. :)
Samra2 can not be a Muslim, see no veils on her pics such as following.
10469889_653148321472106_9218084899121420053_n.jpg

Back