When will life return to normal?

Hmmmm thanks for the metal spark I suppose I should get some solar panels etc.
Years ago I tried to get a windmill installed, and was told that although I could buy one, there would be no one to maintain it. It is a dying trade.

I thought about these two original questions in this thread all morning and I have concluded that nothing will change in my life, unless some tragedy hits me. I am a person with a routine or one that loves routines. My routine in California is: Get up early, read the news, make breakfast, go the the gym, work a bit, go out for lunch, work a little more, take a nap, go out for a walk, go home for dinner, read and or watch tv, and go to bed. Weekend visit with grandkids and total relax on Sundays.

My life while in Argentina has its own routine, and not very different from the one in the USA. Differences: We go out for breakfast, lunch in the apartment and go out for dinner or other fun things. Still take naps, work a bit, but instead of going to the gym, we walk a lot.

After Coronavirus, I assume I will continue doing the same until some drastic change in my, or my wife’s, health. Thus, I assume my life won’t change much at all.

People managed to eat before money was around. Normal, though, that may be a year, or two or three out, easily.

People managed to eat before money was around. Normal, though, that may be a year, or two or three out, easily.

How can they manage to eat without money ? Yes if they live on a farm but 95 percent of people do not have this privilege . In the cities barter is not utilized as currency I see great problems ahead .

One more thought. This virus may negatively affect the finances of a lot of people, and therefore, that my bring about some drastic changes to one’s quality of life

As for "preppers", let me point out that no matter how much we prepare, we are all dependent on the outside world. My country place could be self-sufficient food-wise, but I still depend on electricity to operate the well pump.

Well, perhaps you should consider buying one of these (I did last year, at the same time I replaced the old electric sumergible pump):

I can install it in less than ten minutes in the same place the old manual pump was located.

And, if someone steals the handle, I have two spares...

PS: The 12v solar panel, charge controler, and the 220v invertor arrived about ten days ago.

I grew up with those pumps, and also with a windmill. Not available in my part of Uruguay now, sadly.

My grandmother's place was almost fully self-sufficient: windmill, pump, Australian tank, henhouse, pigs, cows, horses to plow the fields, corn patch, potato patch, vegetable garden, fruit orchard, tangerine, plum and granade trees everywhere....! Wood range in the kitchen - only electricity coming in from the outside world.

Wish she still had it....!

Last edited:
How can they manage to eat without money ? Yes if they live on a farm but 95 percent of people do not have this privilege . In the cities barter is not utilized as currency I see great problems ahead .

Survival here and in Arg... Fishing, hunting, gathering etc. Fishing poles, bows, even sling shots you can pick of a lot of birds with sling shot. If you have those skill sets. Most do not and are totally dependent on the system. Guns would make this process a lot easier but I do not think there is time to go through that process nor would I want to at this point.

Did they? When the global population was tiny? Money has been used to purchase goods since the Greco-Roman era and even before people were bartering, so you needed to have something to get something. Expecting 7 billion people to find food because that's how it was when the population was counted in millions is asking a bit much. Heck, we can't even feed out population properly when there is money.

Back