Where can I recharge my SUBE card?

The subway is back working again so now I can recharge my card... but while the subway was on strike none of the kioscos could do it... maybe the SUBE recharge people went on strike too... anyway, now I can recharge my card in the subway.

Oh and the post offices only issue the SUBE cards, they can't add money to the card. When I got my SUBE card at the Post Office, I was like "OK now I would like to add 100 pesos to it", and she's like "Oh we don't do that" haha Of course you don't! I obviously have to go wait in another line in another location... I was crazy to think the place where you get the SUBE card would be able to add money to it.. silly me....

My workmate has been storming around the office for the last few days because she couldn't charge her SUBE card. Apparently, there is a daily limit on how much each place can sell, like $1000 a day or something, and once they've reached their limit they are unable to sell any more. Sounds like the silliest business decisiont ever, but anyway.... When she finally did manage it, she says the whole queue of people were complaining bitterly about the same thing. Has anyone else come across this?

Holden said:
Oh and the post offices only issue the SUBE cards, they can't add money to the card. When I got my SUBE card at the Post Office, I was like "OK now I would like to add 100 pesos to it", and she's like "Oh we don't do that" haha Of course you don't! I obviously have to go wait in another line in another location... I was crazy to think the place where you get the SUBE card would be able to add money to it.. silly me....

False. Some post offices can recharge it. I just recharged mine yesterday at Oca on Godoy Cruz/Santa Fe. No line either!

A kiosk near my place displays a sign just like that.
There's a lottery/Rapipago store on Ecuador 1577 (between Arenales & Beruti) that recently incorporated the SUBE recharge service.

I've been told that the stores have to prepay in order to offer the service. Once the amount deposited runs out, they must make a new deposit to recharge their account and go on recharging our SUBE cards.
In Barrio Norte you can also go to the "12" bus stop located on Pueyrredón between Santa Fe y Larrea (look for a small square box with the SUBE sign hung from one of the bus stop posts). If the bus inspector is on duty, he'll recharge your card.

Not sure if this is true, but someone told me there is a limit on how much each location can charge in the system per day. So, it is always better to go in the morning.

There are two places close to Godoy Cruz and Santa Fe to charge your Sube. One is a kiosko on Santa Fe between Godoy Cruz and Oro, on the side of the street closest to Libertador.

The other is an Oca on Godoy Cruz, on the left-hand side of the street if you are walking towards Libertador.

Back