Where To Buy Grass-Fed Beef?

Check out El Galpon as well. They have freerange chicken,freerange eggs and what I believe to be grassfed butter.The cheeses are artesanal ,no organic certifcation but at one stand you will talk to the people who make them. I believe their cows are at least partially grassfed, not sure.El Galpon is right next to Chacarita tube station and only works on wed and sat ,with sat being the day with more selection.

Ceviche, they do chivito by special orde at one of the stands at the Galpon, I believe.

Hi,

AFAIK, the majority of beef in this country still comes from animals fed by grazing. However, the fast growth of feed lots is not to be taken lightly. It will change the reputation of Argentina's beef forever, not to mention the related animal rights and consumer health issues...

Goat and I'm not sure why anyone prefers it to lamb.

It is better for certain types of curry if you want a more savoury flavour than the slightly sweet taste of lamb. If your curry sauce would be sweet , like a jamaican curry with the citrus flavoured yet extremely hot jabanero peppers, then goat gives the flavour more balance.

You need to cook it on a low heat for a good few hours to loosen it up of course.

You can order whole chivitos at the Mercado de Belgrano. Go to "El Corral de Ernesto." Lovely stuff. I get all my pork and offal from him. He sometimes has a few chivitos in stock for the weekend, or you can do a special order. He also has very nice looking cochinillo.

I recently visited El Galpon (small chacarita organic market/shed) for the first time and I could not find any grass-fed beef, so if anyone does have a source I am still very interested.

Hey, I've been trying to eat paleo as well recently, and I'll be moving back to BA in November. I was just searching for another place to find organic meat, and it looks like you can place an order for delivery from this website: http://www.quintafresca.com.ar/pedidos. If anyone has any other tips please share!

Check out this link if you have not already done so .
http://baexpats.org/topic/27658-seeking-organic-paleoprimal-food-buddies-and-info/

Back