Where To Get Plain Greek Style Yogurt Or Organic Plain?

I buy yogurt at the Armenien stores on Scalabrini Ortiz- its probably not organic, but its pretty darn good.

I second Damascus on Scalabrini Ortiz, plus Baba Ganoush, Hoummus, Feta, Fresh cheese etc.

Its saddens me like many expats that you cannot find a guaranteed good food supply of fresh organic ingredients Argentina 30 years prized itself on its fresh produce but no more and it shows with obesity on the rise and a tired angry population .

As they say you are what you eat !!!!

At any armenias restaurant you can buy greek yoghurt. There is a deli on Uruguay between Córdoba and Viamonte where they sell a couple of ítem of armenias food like the yoghurt.

a good friend of mine started a organic food delivery service not too far back. Sabores Organicos. work with organic food providers, make boxes of food and delivery to your home. also they speak excellent english. [email protected]
Somos abundantes, somos orgánicos

Estamos de vuelta, de la mano de Sabores Orgánicos
Pedidos a [email protected]

Cajón de frutas y verduras de 8 kilos, $140. a tu domicilio.
Martes de 10.00 a 18.00

Also: for random organic items, check the line of organic and health grocery stores right around mercado juramento in belgrano, there is one on juramento between moldes and mendoza that is excellent. The mercado bonpland is also good for organic grains, cheese, yogurt and butter. barrio chino also has things, but slightly harder to find, and you have to deal with the crowds..

I am also a fan of plain greek yogurt, which you cannot find here to buy in supermarkets. The yogurt called Griego is NOT greek yogurt, so don't be fooled! It's just thicker slightly less sweet yogurt. I always buy San Cor brand Yogs firme natural:

http://www.sancor.co...C;PRD;189;PRD;,

It's the closest thing I have found in a reasonable price range without having to travel half-way across the city. They sell it in any supermarket, but will often run out so if you don't see it they are probably just waiting for the next shipment. I add a but of honey and fruit/nuts and it taste-wise it gives me a greek yogurt fix. :)

IMGPRD00018900.jpg

Yep, this is what I buy for my smoothies.

But yesterday I passed a "Dietetica" that has "Organic Yogurt" in Liter Bottles. (It's liquidy, not solidified.)

Full Fat: AR$24/Liter
Reduced Fat: AR$26/Liter
Vanilla Flavored: AR$28/Liter

It was on Juncal between Montevideo & Rodriguez Peña, in Recoleta/Barrio Norte. (Rrreee cheto, yo sé.)

It was on the "Even" side of the street (the side towards Arenales) in the middle of the block. It's a "Dietéctica" that looks like the owner has actually been outside of Argentina and knows how to design the place to draw in customers who've been to Paris, London, NYC, SF, LA... It looks like a "Boutique Dietética"... which is why I went in in the first place.

But the don't make it themselves, so perhaps checking a Dietética in your neighborhood (if you don't live near this one) will be the best place to look.

I found some good tasting Greek yoghurt by La Serrenissima.. but stopped eating after reading the ingredients, its pumped full of grasa trans..

Back