Where To Get Plain Greek Style Yogurt Or Organic Plain?

still Dahl is nothing like good greek yoghurt.. and the greigo is full of sugar... I miss it so much too I lived on it in australia it's always the thing i'm dieing to get when i get home!! good luck.. you might just have to find another favourite! boo

Thanks for the advice in this thread. I had no idea you could make your own yoghurt. I went to Damasco and bought a small jar of their yoghurt (25 pesos). I mixed about 1 dl of it with 9 dl of 3% UHT-milk and heated it to ca 45 degrees Celsius (hot but not burning when you stick a finger in it) and put the result in a thermos, which I got at the local Bazar at 50 pesos. Subsequently, I save 1 dl of each batch in the freezer to be able to replicate the process.

After keeping the thermos for 12-24 hours in room temperature, I put the yoghurt in another container in the fridge to settle. The result is more or less like the stuff I can buy in supermarkets in Europe. Depending on the time in the thermos the result gets more or less acidic. Mixing with a little bit of the "postre" stuff they sell in supermercados (Yogurisimo) it's quite enjoyable. :)

I'm gonna venture and make my own yogurt one day. In the mean time, anyone knows of a place where I can get plain/natural yogurt or "greek" yogurt in the area marked on the map? (congreso-once-independencia)

Aiwe7ch.png

Can you share your recipe? I'd like to make it with nonfat milk. Thanks!

Back