Where's a Good Small Town to Ride Out the Storm?

I imagine you have a vehicle up to the task of living en el campo.
Contact me if you consider BA province for such change

Maybe your ideal hideaway town is in the Provincia de Buenos Aires.. Plenty of small towns to choose from within a 2 hour van trip from BA. Why go thousands of km. away ? Just sayin..!
Someone said that these small towns wouldn't take kindly to a stranger. That's why I'm thinking a tourist town would be more hospitable to a stranger as well as the ease of finding empty AirBNB accommodations. And I don't have a car...

Someone said that these small towns wouldn't take kindly to a stranger. That's why I'm thinking a tourist town would be more hospitable to a stranger as well as the ease of finding empty AirBNB accommodations. And I don't have a car...

Firstly many small towns, due to the pandemic, don't allow nonresidents to enter, even if they own a second home in the local town. Plan for 2021

AirBnB ..? Just contact the local RE Agent and ask for a rental referral. . Car? I own a $20 used bicycle for pedaling around town, (5 blocks) that's all the exercise you needed. A Mercedes air con small Van with wifi can take you to Capital in 2 hours.( $500 pesos in march 2020.)
You mentioned a Small Town..! no movie houses available

As far as reception by locals can't comment on hearsay for 10 or more towns in the area.

The bicycle is coming into its own. Many in Buenos Aires are resorting to it. With the curse of traffic gridlock on one hand, and the blessing of the new "bicisendas" on the other, bicycle use has increased enormously.

My daughter sold her car and now pedals all over town - a cheap and healthy choice. Sadly, she has to carry about six padlocks to make sure the bike stays where she leaves it.

Checking out Suipacha on Google Earth, I noticed what looks like a train station. Is there train service?

You might start with Booking.com so you can see photos of the properties and learn about the town from reading the comments and reviews. Then you can negotiate a month-to-month or longer term deal directly with the owner.
I hope you keep us posted.

Checking out Suipacha on Google Earth, I noticed what looks like a train station. Is there train service?

Suipacha train station . Trains from Once Station Daily ends in Chivilcoy.. Fridays Special returns Sunday.
Buses Santorini five times a day from Alto Palermo .
During Quarentine..?? God Knows.

1597506666676.png

Beautiful building - is it used for anything else?

No other particular use, that I know of, for the Station Building. Once a day eves ,when the train comes by the Station Master that lives next door runs to the train crossing to lower the manual barrier and wave a red light. Ticket sales only onboard the train.Advance ticket sales, information counter, luggage check, etc. Not Available. There may be a posted sign Horarios..!

Back